First Issue with Friend

selhard
on 11/3/14 12:32 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

First, congrats on 90 lbs less of you.  Second, F & F likely go through the adjustment period with us.  Could it be maybe your friend's brain might be having trouble processing your rapid weight loss she is witnessing causing her to say those kind of things? It's possible the less attention you give to your WLS journey, the less attention she'll express?  I do know my DH and DD quietly gave me silent stares those first few months trying to grasp seeing the "new me."  My mother said, "I wish I had my old daughter back." My DH said, "I miss what became normal." My DD appeared threatened my energy made me more likely to turn into someone not very like-able.  Lucky for me, those kind of comments and worries have subsided with time. My best advice is this:  even though it will be hard to do, resist discussing your journey with those who might do better not hearing it.  Instead, come on OH and "let it out" here. We love it!

kbb0185
on 11/3/14 1:18 am
RNY on 07/15/14

Thank you, and I will.  I wasn't really bringing it up.  If people ask, which they often do, I am honest about it, but I don't think I brag or anything like that.  You are right, hopefully it is just an adjustment process.  And I am sure there will be plenty of them so I think I have to keep my head about me and not let these things get to my head as much.

Surgery Date: 07/15/2014

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 402 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 344 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 14 replies · 131 views