Surgery is Friday and I am thinking about cancelling!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/15/14 12:42 pm - OH

No worries.  

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

countrybella
on 12/16/14 5:33 am - Ashton, Canada

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

selhard
on 12/15/14 12:58 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I have been rightfully corrected on here, too.  I get what you said, however!    

annmarie40
on 12/15/14 9:43 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I went through the same thing. I had surgery on the 8th. I was thinking about all I was going to miss out on. How would I do Christmas since I did not want to tell my extended family (not in the mood for the long lectures). Food tastes soo good. If I do this there is no turning back. Then the morning of the surgery right outside the hospital, I fought with my husband entered the hospital in tears thinking this is surely a sign I should not do this. But I did. I thought about all the failed diet attempts. I thought about the last 28 years wasted as a fat person. Passed over for promotions, not hired for positions where the firms image was important, always feeling tired, having 6 full sets of work clothes in size 16 to 24, not wanting to go to high school reunions, not wanting my picture taken, hating when people think it is OK to post my pic on facebook, having to ask someone to untag me or take it down, forgetting shorts or whatever and not being able to go to the store wherever I was on vacation to get some, the list is endless.

I am one week out, I had a hard week, but feeling almost 100% now. I am not hungry. I sip, sip, sip and I know that this is the best decision I have ever made and the first time I put myself before everyone else, I am looking forward to this journey. For Christmas I will play with my food, eat some mash or sweet potato's and let my husband steal the rest off my plate!

You just need to decide what you love more the life you have or the life you could have. If you do not have surgery I hope you continue your weight loss journey in one mannor or another.  Best of luck :)

countrybella
on 12/15/14 10:03 am - Ashton, Canada

WOW! Thank you SO much! Your story really

hit home for me! I am also not telling my inlaws because I have heard them talk so negatively about others who have had it! I am so Happy to hear that these feelings are somewhat normal! I think it is all just a little but scary, especially being so close! I think I have decided to go through with it, I don't know what I was thinking tonight! All this hard

work, and this awesome opportunity... I would be crazy to let it all slip away! 

You made my night, I wish you amazing success and a wonderful Christmas!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

ANGELINA6501
on 12/15/14 9:58 am
VSG on 12/16/14

I have not had surgery yet (it is tomorrow) but I know it is very normal to have doubts. Many have doubts right up until they put you under. But almost all say they would do it again. I would ask yourself what you really want and why you are questioning yourself. Do you feel like you need more information or are you afraid of something specific? You will be able to eat food again, and foods that you like. Just in smaller quantities. Try to think logically and realistically. Your emotions cannot be trusted at this point.

I wish you luck on your journey, no matter your decision!

~Angela

VSG 12/16/2014   HW: 309 / SW: 280 / CW: 226

countrybella
on 12/15/14 10:09 am - Ashton, Canada

Thank you so much for your help! I think I've finally started thinking straight again, for now! I want this so bad, and my nerves are getting to me! Tonight was the first night in this whole journey where I started talking foolish and wondering if I was making the right decision! You are so right, almost everyone you hear about days it was the best decision they've ever made and that they would do it again in a heart best! Best of luck tomorrow! Ill be thinking of you! Keep me posted once you feel up to it :-) xx

Poodlemac
on 12/16/14 2:14 am
RNY on 09/26/14
On December 15, 2014 at 6:09 PM Pacific Time, countrybella wrote:

Thank you so much for your help! I think I've finally started thinking straight again, for now! I want this so bad, and my nerves are getting to me! Tonight was the first night in this whole journey where I started talking foolish and wondering if I was making the right decision! You are so right, almost everyone you hear about days it was the best decision they've ever made and that they would do it again in a heart best! Best of luck tomorrow! Ill be thinking of you! Keep me posted once you feel up to it :-) xx

What drove you to begin this process in the beginning?  Has that changed?  Are you less unhappy/unhealthy than you were then?  

selhard
on 12/15/14 11:45 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

If you cancel, what's your alternative?  Same 'ol, same 'ol?  I know I didn't have one more same 'ol left in me. 

SJP
on 12/15/14 11:47 am - Kansas City, MO

You've been persistent enough to work on this for 1.5 years you are ready...just nervous!  

I promise that after the first few weeks you will be glad you had the surgery.  Your tastes will change and it will be those marshmallows that are disgusting.  😀

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 310 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 441 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 436 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 332 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?