What to pack

Berryhoosier
on 1/4/15 7:58 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I took some biotin mouth spray for dry mouth. I could have water when I woke up, but only 10 ml every 15 minutes. I secretly thought of my mom as the water Nazi because she was in charge of it. Lol. The biotin really helped.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/4/15 8:19 am - OH

The only things that I needed were my own pillow (I was there for four days after open RNY), my cell phone and charger, toothbrush and toothpaste, iPod, and hairbrush. If I had only been staying overnight, I would not have bothered with my iPod. I took a magazine with me, but never opened it.

The clothes that I wore into the hospital were the comfy ones I wanted to wear home -- an oversized shirt and lightweight pants with an elastic waist -- and I had surgery first thing in the morning so I didn't even need to take a fresh pair of underwear since I only had them on for about an hour! Either wear slip on shoes or you will probably need to have someone else help you put your shoes on to go home.

Like Kelly, I did what most people do and wore 2 hospital gowns (one as a robe) so I wouldn't get anything nasty on my own gown/pajamas and wouldn't have any hassle with the IV tubing.  My hospital requires that you wear their slipper socks with the nonskid stuff on the bottoms, so taking slippers would have been pointless.

Many people recommend lip balm of some kind but I was able to have ice chips as soon as I got up to my room so I didn't need any.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

NYMom222
on 1/4/15 9:42 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I brought a nightgown and robe but it was pointless, with all the things I was attached to they never really even gave me an option to change. Phone and charger, comb or brush, wipes (To freshen up) a small hand cream that I used on my face too. Used their toothbru****hink. Same comfy clothes in and out of the hospital and slip on shoes. Good Luck!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 187 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 113 views