Need motivation! Before and after pics with a 178 lb weight loss in 2 years!

Grandmaneice
on 1/23/15 12:02 pm
RNY on 03/24/14

You look great!  

Soapy
on 1/23/15 2:18 pm
We are a month apart in surgeries. I have followed your progress over the last two years and think you have done wonderful. two years ago i could never have understood how some one could revert to eating unhealthy things but now I know how that happens. It is a struggle everyday to not got back to eating things that got us obese in the first place but we both can do this. pictures, frequent weigh ins and this site help keep me on track. I too would like to lose a few more pounds and a "few" more 0r 25 sounds a lot better than where we started. best wishes on your success!

RainbowRN
on 1/23/15 3:25 pm - OH
RNY on 03/12/13

thank u everyone!  I am never going to give up. I know I can do this!

HW: 373 GW: 170 HT: 5'10"

White Dove
on 1/23/15 6:15 pm - Warren, OH

I followed Dr. Atkins for years and he would advise breaking a stall and relieving boredom by making a complete diet change.

I stopped eating protein for about a month and ate a diet of mostly fresh fruit.  I would buy strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apples, oranges, grapes, fresh pineapple and any other fruit that looked good.  I did not buy canned fruit, except for Oregon Farms sour cherries in water.  I did not eat massive quantities or anything like that.  I just made little fruit plates for meals and added sugar-free cool whip a lot.

The change seemed to shock my body into dropping the last of my weight.  For me, that was fourteen pounds.

During that time, about eighteen months after my surgery, I did not eat any protein or vegetables.  This is not a long term solution and I don't believe going without protein for a while harmed me in any way.   I did not eat any fresh or canned fruit prior to that time, so it was a total change for me.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

carimiller9173
on 1/23/15 8:46 pm - Wilmington, DE

A-MAZING... you look fabulous!!!!

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

Han Shot First
on 1/23/15 8:48 pm - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

You're awesome!  Amazing job.  After coming this far, you'll totally get that last 25!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Laura in Texas
on 1/23/15 9:49 pm

Get out the measuring cups and food scale. Track every bite. Cut out the crappy carbs.

You have done amazing to get to this point. You know what to do to lose the last 25. Do it or figure out how to be happy where you are.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

bbearsmama
on 1/24/15 9:55 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Y'all look FANTASTIC!! You had your surgery around the same time I had mine!!  Great job!

Hugs,

Pam

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

jenorama
on 1/24/15 9:56 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I can't believe how much younger you look now! In your grad pic, you look...matronly, but in your current pics you look like a badass rock'n'roll chick. You and your wife have done so well. Buckle down--you know what you need to do!

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 60 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 508 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 580 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 167 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 304 views