almost 6 weeks post op...Getting concerned

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 6:38 am

Wow....I was hoping this would be a place that wasn't filled with drama. 

Chilipepper
on 1/26/15 7:06 am

Did that well respected surgeon tell you to eat pure carbs for the first 7 weeks. If he did, then go ahead. I doubt it since he has been around for years and frankly so have I and I call out bull when someone is giving a new post op TERRIBLE advice.  My reply was to the person giving out misguided information.  You are free to fill up on mashed pototoes and noodles and Mac and cheese but then don't complain about stalls.  

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/15 8:56 am

Trust me people are here to help. Ask someone who is a vet at least a few years out. 

Trouble1391011
on 1/26/15 7:03 am

Out of respect for the OP, I am not going to entertain you.  I had a list of acceptable foods and I was also told what I could eat.  I don't eat a lot of foods and never did.  I eat meat and veggies.  At my post op appt recently, the only thing she asked was could I put some protein such as lunch meat into my breakfast, and other than that, my diet is fine.  I home cook my meals and plan monthly menus.  So I am right on track and wasn't even given any major dietary changes to follow.   Also, I would have been a better candidate for the sleeve because there was nothing wrong with my diet but my insurance doesn't cover it. 

I also didn't tell the OP to eat what I did, I just told her not to worry about the 3 week stall and that it would end... Thats it.  She has her list of foods that he gave her, and she can choose what she wants. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/15 7:32 am

I am almost 7 years post op. There is no food that is not allowed on my plan anymore. However..i choose not to eat grains and starchy carbs.  That way i am never really hungry...plus i maintain my size 6-8... 

Your plan, your choices... Mine allow me to eat, have fun, and maintain relatively low body fat %...

Let me know when you get there..start regaining...and are not sure why..

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Poodlemac
on 1/26/15 4:59 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

Why do you insist on bullying this person about what she ate??  She doesn't need to defend herself to you or anyone. Let it go and play nice. My goodness. 

H.A.L.A B.
on 1/26/15 7:46 pm, edited 1/26/15 7:53 pm

Bullying?  You are kidding or crazy... Maybe you need to take lessons on understanding written text. good luck to you if you think what i tried to communicate to her was bullying...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 1/26/15 9:17 pm
VSG on 12/06/12

bul·ly 1

(bo͝ol′ē)

n. pl.bul·lies 1. A person who is habitually cruel or overbearing, especially to smaller or weaker people. 2. A hired ruffian; a thug. 3. A pimp.   Just so you are aware what a bully really is. Unless perhaps she is a pimp? She was not cruel or overbearing in any way. She was simply telling the truth. Not giving her rainbows and unicorn farts.
sqlchick19
on 1/26/15 12:40 am
RNY on 12/15/14

I'm so there with you!!!  I am in my 7th week.  Hit a stall week 3, then GAINED weight last week...and the scale has only moved 2 lbs since.  It's so frustrating...but I know I'm doing everything humanly possible to lose.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that we both get past this...and have big losses next week :)

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

Jennew2015
on 1/26/15 2:36 am

It is very frustrating but it seems like a lot of people have had the same thing so I'm more confident knowing that.

Best of luck to you! 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 109 views