Yuck, food, yuck! Do I eat or not?

Kathyjs
on 2/27/15 10:07 am

You need to eat so your body does not say, omg she is dieting I need to stop metabolizing. This isn't a diet. It's a whole new way of life and 12 years later, food still is something I need, not want. 

Pokemom
on 2/27/15 11:43 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I wonder about this sometimes--food as just fuel.  I have wondered if, as a species, we would have survived as well without things that looked and tasted good.  But you are right--I need to remember that I need fuel in my car even if I don't want to stop at the station. 

princessjess73
on 2/28/15 8:11 am - Lees Summit, MO

I will be 4 mos on apr 3 and rarely do I want to eat. When I am chewing, grosses me out. The thought of food grosses me out. I can't get protein bars down and a hard time with protein shakes. WhenI eat my stomach hurts terribly and I spend hours hurting.  I know this is detrimental to my wt loss but I really can't help it. I cannot eat the same thing twice either and sometimes in the same week!

Pokemom
on 3/1/15 6:29 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Oh, that sounds awful.  The hurting sounds like it should not be happening.  I have a lot of pain too--I thought it was post-surgical pain, but I have my 2-mos followup this week, and I plan to ask my surgeon about it.  I have had a life of significant abdominal pain from female issues, so I think I ignore/tolerate it more than I should.  But I have realized this pain is different.  Have you asked your surgeon about the pain you are having when you eat?

SkinnyScientist
on 2/28/15 6:08 pm

- food still is something I need, not want

Damn it. Why couldnt this have happened to me. I go back and forth between wanting it and being repulsed by it. IN THE SAME MEAL!

A good day for me is a) wanting it and b) being done STILL wanting it.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Pokemom
on 3/1/15 6:27 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Ha!  I liked your definition of a good day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 324 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 345 views