on 3/3/15 12:00 am

P.s.  The pic was from prior 2011, before his diabetes

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Pokemom
on 3/3/15 12:43 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I have 4 children, ages 10-20, and each of them has a very different body type.  As they become adults, maybe their bodies will be more alike...I know that happened somewhat with me and my 5 siblings as we have all struggled with weight gain.  We are, every one of us, disciplined and successful by any other outward measures in work, schooling, community involvement, hobbies, etc., but our combined efforts at weight management have been enormous. That similarity, though, is not all similar...the losing process and what works for each of us is different, which all suggests to me that there is more to weight gain and losing than just calories in/out or willpower.  

And regarding my children, I am just saying that even sitting at my table, and buying clothes for these children over the years, it is so obvious how different everyone's builds, metabolisms, appetites, and cravings are.  Same house, same table, same meals.  Same parents, family habits, values.   Cannot ascribe all of it to personality or will power.  

SkinnyScientist
on 3/3/15 12:51 am

You eloquently stated what I was struggling to find words to express.  Thank you.

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

selhard
on 3/3/15 1:56 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Even though I was kidding, I take it back...men don't suck.  Well, maybe my DH does when he gives me diet advice solely for his entertainment in watching me uncork and unleash all sorts of words he finds amusing.

sqlchick19
on 3/3/15 4:37 am
RNY on 12/15/14

Oh, I feel ya, sister.  

For years, when I was in dieting mode, I'd convince my 6'4, 270 lb husband (built like a football player) to join me - he looks best (and is happy) at 235ish.  I had 100 lbs to lose, he had 35.  I'd diet like a mad woman, work out, track every bite of everything...and lose...maybe 5 lbs if I was lucky.  He'd "think" about it, and drop the 35.

It drove me INSANE.   This time around 2+ months post surgery, my hard work is finally paying off - the weight is falling off of me.  He's decided to make poor food choices.  I'm not saying a word.  (I'm going to enjoy MY time for the moment ;)).

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views