Surgery on 4/20

kokosuggs
on 4/13/15 12:18 pm

best of luck to you!  this site has so much info that can be helpful to you...stay in touch  :)

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

Missmandy24
on 4/13/15 2:20 pm

We are surgery date buddies! I am in California and getting my surgery on the 20th too! I am starting to get super nervous (not sleeping well dreaming crazy crazy things. And I swear I am "nesting" my house is gettinggg so clean and organized!

Krystal E.
on 4/13/15 2:59 pm
RNY on 04/24/15

Omg, thank you so much for saying that about the nesting and crazy dreams. I was starting to think I was losing it! My surgery is 4/24 super nervous But ready at the same time. Friends and Family keep asking how I am feeling and telling me how they are feeling. It crazy! 

Capogirl
on 4/13/15 11:03 pm

I am getting nervous also, not sleeping well at all, starting to get emotional already too.  As far as nesting goes, I am too darn tired from trying to tie up all loose ends at work before I'm out for 4 weeks. 

Missmandy24
on 4/14/15 1:12 am

Well since I am not currently working this week maybe that's why I have to time and energy to nest lol! I am sure between lack of good sleeo and catching up on all your work there would be the last thing on your mind! I didn't expect myself to feel so nervous but dang it's crazy! I think a lot of it is anticipation. I think it will really hit me this weekend when I have to begin all my pre-surgery meds and such. And both my kids are leaving sunday for grandparents houses! This will be my first time away from my youngest (who will be two in a month). He is going to my grandparents an hour away and won't be back till wed after my surgery! That's gonna be really hard on me. 

Capogirl
on 4/14/15 1:51 am

I understand not seeing your kids will be hard, but they will be with people who love them and 4 days won't be too long.   My kids are 24 and 15 so I don't have to worry about them, they are self sufficient.  Can you maybe do face time with them or do you think it will make it worse on either you or them or their caretakers?

Missmandy24
on 4/14/15 2:33 am

Yeah with my daughter I can. She knows how to use her ipad to FaceTime me. Plus she is coming to see me. My son is with my grandparents who aren't that into technology. They may be able to let me talk to him on the phone and maybe send me a picture or two (if I write out the steps for how to do this!!) anyways him and I are super attached and its gonna be hard! I know it's worth it long run but it still doesn't take the pain of the present away. :/ 

V. smith
on 4/15/15 10:49 am

NEW HERE ALSO,I'AM HAVING RNY 04/21/15 @ GWINNETT MEDICAL CENTER,I;AM ALSO DIABETIC,SINCE 1985,I'M ON A PROTEIN DIET,ONE FOR BREAKFAST & ONE FOR LUNCH,DINNER IS 30Z OF PROTEIN 1/2 C STARCH,& 2-1/2 CUPS NON STARCH VEGIES, I'M FIGHTING HUNGER.LOOKING FOWARD TO THE CHANGE BUT IT HARD,PRAYING TO BE BETTER AT THIS.

Most Active
Recent Topics