Wellbutrin Sustained Release?

Caseyre
on 8/7/15 9:27 am

Meant to also say -- I now have to take the non timed-release version twice a day, which is a pain, but I'd rather take it knowing for sure that it's in my system as it should be!

Katie_Kat
on 8/7/15 9:42 am
RNY on 06/10/13
On August 7, 2015 at 9:25 AM Pacific Time, Caseyre wrote:
On August 7, 2015 at 8:32 AM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

Malabsorption can change the way medicine is released throughout the day.

I was on timed-release Effexor before the surgery and my primary doctor changed it too, given the potential malabsorption issues mentioned by White Dove.

Was as this suggestion made by your surgeon or another doctor? You might want to confirm with your surgeon.

Hello, I did check with my Surgeon yesterday and he told me to go ahead and try it, I am over 1 year post op.    Gosh, I wish every surgeon was on the same page, this  reminds me of the labs surgeons send you for, not enough, too much or just right...Haha, that sounded like Goldilocks.

I will try the SR and if my depression doesn`t let up or worsens , well I will go from there I guess....I hear Prozac works good and that is not a SR or XL ..

Katherine     

RNY 6/2013

S/W  256

C/W  126

The Salty Hag
on 8/7/15 10:35 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I switched from XL to SR about a year after my surgery. I've had no problems with the sustained release at all. 

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

sara S.
on 8/17/15 6:35 pm - kingsville, Canada

I am 6 years out, and take 300 mg of XL wellbutrin daily. I always have. No issues, no pproblems!!!

My Angel is..........Laurie R!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics