Quick question - can we eat popcorn?

CerealKiller Kat71
on 10/12/15 1:16 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I am just so proud of you. You are doing so well!

BTW, I didn't answer, but I know I can't have popcorn because it would trigger me. :-)

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

mute
on 10/12/15 1:21 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

It wasn't one of my go to foods before or I would never risk it. Now if it were chips ice cream I just can't even...I had these crunchy, healthy things and I'm totally good with portion control normally but these were SO similar to chips that I had to get up and throw them away because I knew I would eat the whole freaking thing. TRIGGER lol.

And thanks :)

CerealKiller Kat71
on 10/12/15 1:26 pm, edited 10/12/15 6:57 am
RNY on 12/31/13

HA! I know the feeling.

I know PC would trigger me because I honestly believed that everyone ate a huge tub of popcorn with extra butter at the movies all by themselves ... I mean seriously -- I'd end up ordering the trough sized -- since it was "only a few cents more than the smaller one" and was a "better deal" -- then I'd complain how uncomfortable the seat was since my ass didn't fit into it. I wonder why!?

LOL. Oh well.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Chickenboob
on 10/12/15 1:56 pm - Rockland, Canada

OMG Movie theatre popcorn is a gateway food.........
I think they cook it in heroin.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/13/15 5:04 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

U R 2 funny (and too true)

Sharon

The Salty Hag
on 10/12/15 2:14 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

Good for you! I'm really glad you decided to keep with a protein based snack. I'll take almonds or shelled pistachios if I'm wanting something crunchy, but usually go with a protein bar. Going to the movies is MUCH cheaper now! ( plus my daughter works at a movie theater, so she can get passes...woohoo! )

I am close to 2 1/2 years out, and still haven't had any popcorn. I was never a big fan of it anyway, so it's no great loss-and corn products do not agree with me. My sons actually made themselves some popcorn when they got home from school, and I wasn't the least bit tempted.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

mute
on 10/12/15 4:03 pm
RNY on 03/23/15

Honestly, I'm not sure what I was thinking when I thought it would be okay. Maybe that it could be a treat? But not necessary and I didn't even smell it or miss it today so it wasn't a big deal. Right now beef jerky is my go to snack because it keeps me full for so long!

The Salty Hag
on 10/13/15 6:27 am
RNY on 05/20/13

Even at 2 yrs out, I can SO easily slip into thinking "Oh, gosh, surely a little bit of cookies/candy/chips ( or what have you ) won't hurt!" It is a struggle, at times, to stay strong. I really can't have just one, haha.

I know that in my case, I will always have to completely avoid sugary, carby foods, but that's okay...I knew what I signed up for when I had this surgery. Some can practice moderation while in maintainence, but I am not one of those people. If I'm gonna carb it up, I'm gonna go big. I can half-ass a lot of things, but sadly...eating badly isn't one of those...lol.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

Eggface
on 10/12/15 4:40 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

I rarely go to the movies (like can't remember the last movie type thing) so when I do I get a small, no butter and I share it... it's an occasion... but if it was often weekly, a couple of times a month I wouldn't... not against popcorn, but movie popcorn is not the best... crappy oils usually.

I like Skinny Pop... I have that at least once a month or so at home movie nights. I make sure I portion it out and never reach in the bag. You know what your deal was... if snacky junk food stuff was your demon maybe skip it... mine was pasta, rice, bread stuff like that so for example a cheesecake or candy, chocolate could sit on my counter and I wouldn't give them a second glance... for some it would be screaming eat me ;)

Almonds, jerky, a cheesestick maybe, or... good time to just be into the movie and retrain the habit.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Kathyjs
on 10/12/15 7:03 pm

I eat popcorn. As with everything!!!! Portion control is the secret. Have a handful of your friends and call it good

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 316 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 330 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 282 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 448 views