Is this a bad idea?

WereYorkie
on 1/17/16 9:05 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

Okay---I see some warning sign words that I'm going to bring to your attention:

"I'm just afraid"

"Still too out of shape"

"Embarrass myself"

In your mind... you're already waiting for failure. 

Keep in mind... EVERYONE IS A BEGINNER AT ONE POINT OR ANOTHER... 

Change the way you think...

So start. Sure, you aren't going to know the routines after the first time... or the second time you go... but after the third time, it will come easier to you.

You also will probably gasp for breath, groan from exhaustion...

Guess what?  So is everyone else in your class. (Trust me on this one. )

Within a month's time, you will be a ninja warrior just like the rest of the class. So cut yourself some mental slack and go have fun. Realize that you are there to gain strength, gain flexibility, and gain confidence.

And just to let you know---I am 211.6 pound (340 was my highest). I do Zumba, UJam, weight training (I leg press 220#), and I certainly didn't start off being the twinkle toes that i am now. 

But the fact is...... I. Started. 

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

Juliek7312
on 1/18/16 1:48 pm

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. I'm going to sit in on tomorrows class and watch if they'll let me so I can decide if I really do want to give it a go. I need to stop worrying about silly things like embarrassing myself. I've lost over 100lbs, but my mental game is still not completely there. I still have a bit of social anxiety that I need to work on. Hopefully one day I will no longer have these doubts run through my mind, and I will just go out there and do things I want to do! Thank you all for the encouragement!

Height: 5'5" HW: 370 SW: 363 CW: 177 RNY: 4/28/15

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 59 replies · 381 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 501 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 575 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 294 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?