What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 8/18/16 8:17 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Birthdays to you!  So awesome!   

G2GAWAY
on 8/18/16 1:55 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

Do you remember Thrifty Ice Cream/Rite Aid?  5 cents a scoop when I was growing up. I still think it is the best mint chip out there.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

Emiepie
on 8/18/16 4:53 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so happy for you that you are doing something for yourself!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Grim_Traveller
on 8/18/16 7:51 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hey gang. Looking forward to AMAW!!!

QOTD. I never had ice cream often, but when I did, I ate the heck out of  it. I loved anything chocolate with some crunch in it. Or lemon, lime, or orange sherbet. Or strawberry. Or anything that wasn't just plain vanilla. Part of it is, I just like really, really cold things.

But ice cream is the one thing I want to eat that I can't now. A ludicrously small amount makes me feel like total crap, and just isn't worth it.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Kakesie
on 8/18/16 8:07 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Everyone!

I used to bruise really easily, but now that I don't eat aspirin like candy any more, I don't seem to bruise so easily.  When I do, though, I usually have no idea where the bruise came from.

QOTD:  I recently bought some frozen yogurt that was Black Cherry with Chocolate chips.  Super Yummy!  Before my surgery my all-time favorite was Baskin-Robbins' Birthday Cake.

What I ate yesterday was:  14 almonds, a clif protein bar, Oikos greek yogurt, moon cheese, a burrito and a clif protein bar.

Have a fantastic day, everyone!

~ Karen   

AngryViking
on 8/18/16 8:20 am
RNY on 07/17/14

HA!  I looked at your post really quickly and I thought you wrote that you ate 14 burritos.  LMAO

Kakesie
on 8/18/16 8:36 am
RNY on 02/19/16

ROFLMAO!!!

Capogirl
on 8/18/16 8:10 am

Good morning, back from my NUT appointment and waiting for dd to get her butt ready so we can do some school shopping, which also means headed back in the direction I came from.  Of course there was no way she was going to be awake early enough to come with me to Boston this morning.  I made it from my house to Boston in 46 minutes this morning wsa a record, unfortunately coming home took over an hour, roadwork everywhere once I got off the highway.  I may also have let a few F bombs fly.

Favorite ice cream flavor has been mint chocolate chip since forever, butter crunch comes in second, my Nana Snow and I used to have that together all the time when I was little.  I think it's more the association with that than the flavor which is still delicious anyway.    These days it is all about the Yasso bars, mint chocolate chip or coffee chip.

Time since surgery: 16 months

B:  1 egg, 1 premier protein shake

L:  Heading out in a few, will probably just bring a quest bar for now and eat something when we get home. 

D:  Chicken

Will have to do better with my planning.  I'm going to do AMAW-C next week, but will try some of my NUT's suggestions after that. 

Need to get the boot off my foot and get moving again.  Not liking the direction the scale is going these days.

Off I go with a moody teenager, this should be fun.

stacyrg
on 8/18/16 9:34 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  Kristen, I'm joining you on team mysterious leg bruise.  I get them all the time and in the weirdest places.  Like right in the middle of my thigh.  You'd think I'd remember hitting myself hard enough to make a bruise, but no.  So, I'm still fighting with nausea so yesterday I tried cutting way down on volume per meal.  I mean like 1.5-1.8 oz at a time.  I wasn't as nauseous, but I was hungry.  Particularly since I get busy at work and don't always find time for my snacks . . . which means my macros end up off.  Can't get the protein in if you don't actually eat.  I'm planning on the same thing today, but hoping to have better time management skills and actually work in a snack . . . . or two.

KQOTD:  There's an ice cream shop here called McConnells.  They started in Santa Barbara and they literally have THE BEST ice cream.  Before my conversion surgery, I kinda went on an ice cream bender and was eating it far too often.  My favorite from there is double peanut butter chip (is anyone who knows me surprised at that??)  The runners up are Eureka lemon and marionberry; salted caramel chip or churros con leche.  It is truly delish.

Time since surgery 2 years 3 months or 7 weeks tomorrow

B: 4 oz cottage cheese, spoon of sugar free blackberry jam

L: chicken thigh meat 2.1 oz and edamame

D: skirt steak 2.5 oz

S: sliced turkey 2.22 oz and a string cheese

This menu is light on everything.  Doesn't make me happy

Totals: Cal 558; Protein: 68g; Fat: 26g; Carbs: 16g  (I need to add another protein snack in there somewhere, but I've got nothing with me and no desire to go get anything  

AngryViking
on 8/18/16 9:41 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Churros.  Con.  Leche.  Oh.  Mah.  Gah.

Most Active
Recent Topics