Struggle with buying clothes

OneBlueSock
on 1/17/17 5:22 pm
RNY on 06/21/17

I'm still pre-surgery so I don't have a lot of advice right now...but I will say that I'm not a fan of clingy clothes in general, they make me feel uncomfortable.  I don't know if this will change, but I suspect it won't because I've never been one for that.  I'm hoping I'm happy with t-shirts and jeans, as that's always been my go-to (must be the farm girl in me!) 

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Brandi Girl
on 1/18/17 4:59 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I am a country girl for sure! And I have no desire to wear "sexy" or revealing clothes. But I do want to look as thin as I can. haha And I notice when I wear looser cut tops that don't cling at all, in photo's I still look heavy or at least heavier like my body needs that extra room. 

White Dove
on 1/17/17 6:12 pm - Warren, OH

There is a site called Miss Smarty Pants

You fill out a questionnaire and send photos and she will show you exactly what clothes look perfect on you.  If you subscribe to the site, each week you get a email showing the latest fashions picked for your body type.

There are links to the site to order the clothes.   I started with her about a year before surgery.  I was obese, but always had really cute outfits.  She gives you dresses, pants, tops, shoes, boots, purse, jewelry hints.  Everything coordinates.  The clothes are not overly expensive.  Some weeks they might be from Target or JC Penney.

Learning how to dress your body properly gives so much confidence.  It is really a money saver because you no longer buy clothes that are not well suited to you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Brandi Girl
on 1/18/17 4:55 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Thank you! I will be looking this up today!

NasaJen
on 1/18/17 9:42 am
RNY on 12/09/16

I never knew this existed.  Thank you for the tip!

LapBand: 3.2.10

RNY: 12.9.16

Highest: 451

Morning of RNY: 283

Current: 195

Unlimited
on 1/18/17 6:14 pm - WI
RNY on 03/29/16

Looks as though this site is no longer exists?  Indicates the following --- Buy Domain  - MissSmartyPants.com is for sale

Darn it =(

White Dove
on 1/18/17 6:20 pm - Warren, OH

The site is still there, but I did see that screen too.  I logged on again and it worked.

Unlimited
on 1/18/17 6:46 pm, edited 1/18/17 10:50 am - WI
RNY on 03/29/16

Thanks - I tried it again via the LINK.  Doing a GOOGLE search I found it - and perhaps the domain changed?

But here it is --  

https://missspartypants.wordpress.com/

Going to take a peek at it now =)

Edited to say ---  Heck maybe this isn't it  - appears to be a personal blog ???

Edited #2  Oh my goodness -- I see my error  -- googling took me to Miss Sparty  Pants   vs  "Smarty"

I give up  ---  sorry for any misleads 

White Dove
on 1/18/17 7:35 pm - Warren, OH

karenp8
on 1/17/17 6:23 pm - Brighton, IL

I'm right there with you on this. I've been a size 0 or 1 now for over three and a half years but I still can't see myself as that size. I've also struggled with style because as a size 28 I never had any choices and now there are so many. I finally bought some super skinny jeans and hubby says they look great as do friends but mentally I'm not so sure. I took a picture though and there I can see they do look good. Never imagined me in anything that said super skinny that's for sure. Maybe with enough time we'll all see the new size we are.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 406 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 396 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 265 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 304 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 135 views
Recent Topics