Appetite

ScaleSkater
on 6/26/17 11:07 am

Please pay attention to this and listen to the Vets who posted earlier in this thread!!!!! You are being given very important information, but I'm not sure it's sticking.

The hunger and head stuff returns, even though it seems like its permanently gone now. Best to keep this in mind for when it does. I have a friend who spent her first 6 months after surgery following things straight as an arrow. She was on an invincible roll. But sadly for her it didn't last. The head stuff and desires for carbs all returned for her in month 7 and now at 12 months she is struggling with regain - even while she is likely still in her malabsorption phase. She's so upset that she doesn't stop by and ask how I'm doing any longer. The last time she spoke to me she said she was digging into her donation clothes that had gotten too big to find stuff that fits.

HW 510 / SW 424/ GW 175 (stretch goal to get 10 under) / CW 160 (I'm near the charts ideal weight - wonder if I can stay here)

RNY November 2016

PS: L/R arm skin removal; belt panniculectomy - April, 2019

TracyK
on 6/26/17 11:26 am - FL

I am taking it all in and storing it in my arsenal of what to do and not to do. I was just stating this journey, in the last 3 months, has been quite different from when I was banded for 10+ years. I have been MO and Normal back to MO after band removal and know what I have is a second chance at life. I don't take this lightly. I was a self pay with the band so even more so I was down to the letter to follow. I have been a quiet reader on here, a stalker if you may, so I can find my footing in this new life. I was just amazed at how different each procedure was. Thank you for your advise I will make sure to continue to keep my eyes and ears open to suggestions.

Lap-Band/Dec 2004 - Starting weight: 230
Band Removal June 2015 (Sadly) - Weight 215
Revision Apr 2017 - Weight 240, CW 194, GW - 145

White Dove
on 6/26/17 11:28 am - Warren, OH

Enjoy it. You will look back longingly on this period.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

conazza
on 6/26/17 7:35 pm
RNY on 09/23/16

I had the lap band for 10 years and revised to RNY 9 months ago. The difference is unbelievable in a fantastic way for me. I was never really a fan of my band. Your appetite will come back. Use this time while you have none to lose all you can so that your inspired to fight the good fight when it undoubtedly comes back.

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

Alewis1987
on 6/28/17 5:10 am
RNY on 03/20/17

Hey,

I had my surgery on 3/20 and I loved....I mean LOVED sweets and sweet drinks and soda.....and I couldn't imagine not wanting to eat at least a little sweet something after surgery but......my body said nope..I cannot stand the smell or thought of sweet things.....pizza was an avid love of mine....can't stand it....and u know what....I'm glad....food is fuel for your body....yes it's great that it tastes good but eating is not a hobby....my "relationship" with food is y I had to have surgery to loose weight in the first place. If I had a healthy relationship I wouldn't be posting right now.....but its getting there now I crave REAL FOOD! I love avocados and soft meats....if I eat chips it's like 5....all day....and u know what that's right on point! I wouldn't worry about not liking what u used to like....cuz if what u used to like was good for u u wouldn't have needed the surgery. I would be grateful to not have a taste for unhealthy things and when u do have a taste for them just know you will be able to eat them in moderation! Good luck and stay strong!

Most Active
Recent Topics