Need help getting back on track

Mary Gee
on 5/3/19 9:23 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Maybe go back to your surgeon's office to check in and see if you can make appointments to see the nutritionist regularly for a few months for accountability. That's what I did a few months ago, and it helped me tremendously. I saw the surgeon, got blood work done, got back on my vitamins, and I see nutritionist every 3-4 weeks, and she says I can call her anytime. Your surgeon wants you to succeed, and will help you out. Before going to his office, I tried and tried to get back on track, without success. I've lost Almost 30 pounds since February. It has worked for me.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

freshstart2018
on 5/3/19 2:10 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

I think I'll do that.

Thank You

White Dove
on 5/3/19 4:23 pm - Warren, OH

You need to turn your wish into a goal. The difference is that a goal has a date attached to it. You are almost a year out from RNY surgery. That means you have at least another six months before the bounceback weight loss phase of RNY starts.

That is because malabsorption will pretty much end at some point between 18 and 36 months after surgery. It would be easy for you to plan to lose one pound a week for the next 20 weeks. Track every bite and weigh yourself daily.

People who don't track and dont weigh themselves are in denial. Instead of saying "I'd like to get to 170 or 175" say "I am going to get to 170 of 175 by October 1, 2019. Then track and weigh and do it. To really be on the safe side, try to lose 20 more pounds than that while you still have the malabsorption thing going.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

freshstart2018
on 5/14/19 2:13 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

Can you tell me what you normally eat each day, how much protein, carbs etc.

Do you count calories?

Thanks

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/6/19 2:39 pm

one day at a time, one meal at a time.

start today. as you read it - the very next meal let it be your start.

When I was MO I always had: "the next day", or "On Monday", or "1st, ill start fresh"

Except i would lose motivation and as soon as things got tough, I would "cheat", then would prolong getting back on a good track.

Now - I don't wait "Until X Y Z", when I make a decision to get back on track, I just do it.

I still have close to 7 lbs of fresh apples i bought to eat 3 months ago(?). But once I decided that no more fruits that make me hungry, I knew apples need to go. My guy does not eat apples. I shouldn't, so I don't.

I eat berries. Not a lot and not every day. But they don't stimulate cravings in me.

Apples: since they did not mold, spoiled or otherwise go bad, I probably going to peel them and I would make a apple sauce. Maybe. O I'll give them away.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

freshstart2018
on 5/14/19 2:11 pm
RNY on 06/28/18

good tips

thank you

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 323 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 309 views