What's on your Thursday Menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 3/21/24 9:04 am
RNY on 02/14/18

My interview (back in 2010) was super short. It the guy that was in front of me was grilled so hard it actually made me anxious, lol

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 3/21/24 7:16 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Yeah, for a good night rest. I am less tired than I have been complaining about recently so that is the good thing, but I notice I wake up every 2 hours to go pee and I am thinking this may not be normal. I may mention this the next time I have a doctors appointment. Other than not drinking all the water I don't think there is much I can do on my own to control it. I am not cutting back on water sorry.

So, life is still busy. I try to stop at nursing home 2x a day and pick up and deliver her laundry. Don't tell anyone but I think she is doing way better in the facility than she does on her own. She does not get involved with any activities but just the employees checking in on her is way more stimulation than living alone. This will come to an end, and she will be home eventually, but it is such a peace of mind for the time being. I think this is difficult and I believe it will be more demanding once she gets home. She has her first checkup with the orthopedics on Monday so we will get a progress report than.

Yesterday my favorite pair of shoes ever passed away. I am so sad to the point I may take them to a cobbler to see if they can breathe life back into them. The heel just deteriorated. I had them for many years prior to WLS but they were always tight but after surgery they were my most favorite shoes. I believe they may have just dry rotted, and I did reach to the company to complain but I am sure there will be no compensation since they are at least 15 years old. If I can't get them fixed, I may even have a proper burial because they been around so long.

Sorry If I made anyone cry, I know it is heart wrenching.

QOTD: I do them fast but usually not a regular podcast listener. I used to when I walked but when I started to run, I switched to music to keep pace now I very rarely do so I don't have anything I regularly dig into. I usually put shows I have DVR'd on my phone here at work when I am entering orders.

Accountability: We were detoured passed my favorite Mexican Grocery after Rons pain management appointment, so I ate chicken Tacos for breakfast yesterday. Also, I love Duros and I got a few bags of precooked ones and I huge bag of ones to make sometime when I am less busy.

TSS: 6 years 3-months 10-days 161.4 Lowest (129.4)

B: Coffee with SF coffee mate chocolate caramel creamer

MS: L&F banana Cream Yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Coffee-mate chocolate caramel creamer

L: Eggwich and snack select

D: Grilled DelMonico and Cauliflower hashbrowns.

Exercise: dog walking

Water and Vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. I also use MiraLAX and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings,

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/21/24 7:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I had to google duros! Are they like savory churros, I can't quite tell from Wikipedia.

Jen

Teenie
on 3/21/24 7:54 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

No, they have the texture of a Funyun and taste of corn. You sprinkle chili powder and lime juice on them they go great with beer. If you look on You tube, they have video of how to fry them. They look like pasta uncooked but the puff up.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 3/21/24 8:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

interesting! When I worked at Taco Bell in high school the fake churros were just like pasta before we fried them.

Jen

Amy Liz
on 3/21/24 8:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

They are so good drenched in Tapatio and lemon juice!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Lisa91941
on 3/21/24 7:49 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning. The sun is back and shining on my back. For a few days, at least. I kept busy all day yesterday, got in a 50 minute walk covering about three miles and got some stuff around the house organized. Went to book club. I did not enjoy the book. Harlem Shuffle. I could not find one character that spoke to me and really struggled with this book. On track with food, and only fake coffee and water for beverages. A good day overall.

Today I am deciding between aqua fit and a yoga class for stretching. I could use a good stretch out since I have been pounding away at it again, but aqua fit doesn't happen tomorrow, so I should do that today and yoga tomorrow. Also need to hit up the post office and pop in at the grocery store. I need to clean out my baking supplies cabinet. It's in terrible shape. I probably need to throw out like 4 bags of different types of flours we haven't used in years. I need to reclaim space! Maybe that will happen this afternoon.

QoTD: 1) I did not know this was thing. 2) Audio books and podcasts, SQUIRRELL!!! I have a terrible attention span.

Menu today

B: turns out that yes you can put a perfectly fried egg with a creamy yolk on some leftover potsticker soup and it's fabulous. Repeating that today

L: last of the left over chicken pesto and burrata

D: I think we are going pork meatballs and edamame pasta with TJ's sauce.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 3/21/24 7:58 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

You're killing the work out. Way to go.

Amy Liz
on 3/21/24 9:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

If it weren't for Audibles allowing me to multitask, I'd never read for enjoyment. A book puts me to sleep on page one and for that matter so do Audibles if I'm not multitasking.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

White Dove
on 3/21/24 8:03 am - Warren, OH

I joined audible.com when it was brand new ANF think it was $8 or less a month. I had a severe hearing loss In 2012.

After that I had trouble understanding the books And now use Immersion reading, I listen to the audible And read along, Never speed it up,

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 400 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 275 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 311 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 138 views