What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Julia S.
on 3/26/24 7:12 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm in we could do it on Zoom. I'm always looking for something to read.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Teenie
on 3/26/24 7:17 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

"chocolate stuffed pistachio cookie" If you need to get rid of these PM me, I got an address you can send them to.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Grim_Traveller
on 3/26/24 7:54 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm going to try stuffing an oreo in a chocolate chip cookie.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Amy Liz
on 3/26/24 5:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I used to watch the news morning and night, but not anymore so I'm clueless. I don't even know the weather unless I check my phone. I turned it on just now to see the Diddy is getting raided and I turned it back off. I'd rather be clueless. Yesterday was a rough day - a few show stopping problems. My boss and peer were out of the office so I was on my own. Communication people, please. Sometimes people don't know enough to be making such important decisions. Let's talk about it first, okay? Today is finishing up that mess and my reports. I can't wait until Friday - I'm taking the day off and finally getting my hair done after 6 months (which has felt like a lifetime - IYKYK). My stylist had a baby and I can't wait to meet him, little Leo!

QOTD - I've done most of these tips on repeat and they work for a while. I haven't been able to stay consistent even though I am set up for success in every way possible - I have no barriers. I have NO excuse yet I find every reason to bail. It's easier for me to focus on food part. I was able to do both simultaneously the first time around, but this time feels very different. I feel weaker, old and have no energy. I know exercise is supposed to help with all of that but I still can't seem to get there.

Accountability - I had a small pouch day for once! I ate a little more than half my planned food for the day. 184.4 today.

B- coffee, cottage cheese, tomatoes

l - turkey and cheese on protein bread w/lettuce/tom/pickle

d - fried egg, chicken sausage and hash brown patty

s - chai tea, 1/2 sm apple

828/78

Have a great day

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 3/26/24 5:49 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Oh, hair days are the best days! When my stylist had her baby, I am pretty sure I was her last appt before and her first appt after, and it was a tough wait!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 3/26/24 5:59 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Yay for hair day! I hope the work day is better today.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 3/26/24 6:00 am - Amarillo, TX

I need a hair day soon, I hope you'll enjoy Friday and meeting a new baby!

Teenie
on 3/26/24 7:37 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I couldn't imagine going 6 months. I barley can make it the 7 weeks between cut and color for me. To many gray hairs to be seen if I don't stay on top of it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 3/26/24 5:22 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

sorry I've been MIA lately. I'd been staying with my mother who had a fall on Thursday morning and broke her arm. My sister flew in from Nevada on Saturday night to stay with her (she'll be here for 10 days - fabulous!!), and DH and I left for Chicago Sunday morning and got back last night (he had his Global Entry interview at O'Hare yesterday afternoon, so we just made a couple of days of it). I'm hoping my mother is going to get A LOT better by the time my sister leaves, because the following day the film festival starts, and I'm going to be swamped. We may have to end up hiring someone to stay with her. She's OK for an hour two on her own, but she needs help with some things and also, she gets very confused about her meds. I've been talking to sis about the very real possibility of assisted living or paying someone to live with her 24/7 if things don't really improve, but this is going to be an uphill battle...with both my mom and my sister. But this is a safety issue and I can't live at my mother's house - and if she moves in here (which I don't want), I can't be here 24/7 to watch her. Anyway, this has been really stressing me out - but hopefully, she'll improve enough to stay on her own. I guess I shouldn't panic yet. At least staying with her has given me a chance to take a look at her bank account. She is paying an ungodly amount for her Medigap insurance, so we're meeting with her insurance broker this afternoon (he's coming to her apt) to see what her options are. And she's running a ridiculous balance on her credit card and forking over interest payments every month, when she's got a wad sitting in her investment account. WTF? She doesn't want to touch that because she "might need it", and she'll get charged fees if she withdraws any of it. So she's planning to live to be 120 years old? And she's saving that $$ to use in the afterlife? We called her broker the other day to transfer enough $$ to her bank account to pay off the damn card. She's all confused about that too. This has been a rough few days...

QOTD: I'm really good about exercising, even if it's just getting off the bus a few stops early to walk to class. I know that if I get in at least 30 minutes of exercise most days (and I usually do an hour), I don't have to worry that much about going over a little on my calorie limit occasionally (and by that I mean 100 kcal or so - not by a ton!)

coffee with half & half

Greek yogurt

pedicure later this morning and then to Mom's - may take a protein bar or shake with me

probably another Greek. yogurt this afternoon

probably chili for dinner

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 3/26/24 5:35 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I empathize with the transition to additional care for a parent. I went through that for the last 7 years. It is extremely hard when the parent starts making irrational decisions that have real world consequences.

Hope you had a good time in my fair city. I would love to meet up when you're next in Chicagoland. Maybe coffee or a meal? Maybe Jim can join too.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 368 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 442 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 331 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 335 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 149 views
Recent Topics