Kakesie’s Posts

Kakesie
on 2/14/24 3:26 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Wednesday Menu?

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE!

QOTD: I ate at school. I remember in high school the cooks baked the BEST rolls and many kids would just eat several rolls and butter, instead of lunch. They just melted in your mouth!

B: I ate two mozzarella sticks wrapped with prosciutto. Yummy and good protein!

The rest of the day: No idea.

Have a wonderful day!

Karen

Kakesie
on 2/11/24 2:30 pm
Topic: RE: Hi to old friends and nice to meet you to new ones!

Thanks! Saralisa got her own apartment about 3 years ago, has a full-time job and a full-time boyfriend and is taking two online classes. She is really busy and it seems like I rarely see her. But she is doing great, thanks for asking.

Kakesie
on 2/11/24 1:51 pm

Thank you! Pets and Saralisa are doing fine! Thanks for asking! (Great memory!)

Kakesie
on 2/11/24 12:03 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just popping in after several years' absence. I just got away from posting / reading on this site and I am glad to be back. I need to be here as I have regained some of the weight I lost. I am 8 years out from Gastric Bypass surgery. I am still 100 lbs. less than I was, but my weight has crept back to higher than I would like it to be. If any of you remember me from before, please say, "Hi". "Nice to meet you" to all the newer members.

Karen aka. Kakesie

Kakesie
on 2/3/20 6:46 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu, RNYers?

Good Morning everyone!

I'm not sure how many of you even remember me. I've been AWOL for quite a while. I've regained some of the weight I lost. (I don't even want to say how much). I had my 4 year check-up with the bariatric clinic and now I'm really going to try to get back in gear and lose the excess weight and get back to posting on here.

QOTD: I decorate a little bit for Halloween. I put different wreaths on my door depending on the season. But otherwise it's mainly Christmas.

B: bacon, 3 strips, grits with melted cheese, greek yogurt

L: Smart Ones microwave meal

D: ground turkey taco

S: greek yogurt, Atkin's peanut butter cups

Great to see you all again!

Have a great Monday!

~ Karen

Kakesie
on 11/4/19 6:04 pm

Thank you so much, Cara! I've missed you, too!

Kakesie
on 11/4/19 7:51 am

Good Morning everyone!

QOTD: I do okay with directions around town, but somehow when I was young I got my mental vision of the map of the United States backwards in my head, so West seems to be East to me and North feels like South to me.

Accountability: Potluck at our church this Sunday. I ate a chicken breast and got too filled up to eat anything else, but (bad me), I took home a piece of cheesecake and ate it later.

B: 3 strips bacon, strawberries with light & fit Greek yogurt

L: Smart Ones 170 calorie microwave meal

D: microwave meal (not sure which one yet)

S: light & fit Greek yogurt, strawberries, grits & cheese

Have a great day everyone! Good to see you all again!

~ Karen

Kakesie
on 9/30/19 7:12 am

Good Morning everyone!

I had a fun day yesterday. I competed in 3 events in a horse show (two 3rd place ribbons and one first place ribbon). Then I went to a Pitch Club (card game). However someone made delicious rice krispie bars and I had two. Naughty me!

QOTD: Our town has had some serious flooding. Fortunately our house has been spared.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, greek yogurt

L: hamburger patty, banana, greek yogurt

D: microwave meal, greek yogurt

Have an awesome day everyone!

~ Karen

Kakesie
on 9/20/19 5:56 am
Topic: RE: Whats on your (Photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Hi Everyone! Does anyone remember me? I'm really sorry I have been away for so long. No excuse. Just laziness on my part. I've missed you all!

The past three weeks I have been really busy painting a fiberglass cat statue for the local animal shelter fund raiser. They sold sponsorships of dog and cat statues to local businesses and artists painted designs and artwork on the statues. The sponsor gets to display the statue at their business for about a month and then October 25th the statues will be auctioned off at a Moonlight Masquerade Gala.

I've been okay but I'm really sad to report that I've regained about 25 lbs. since my lowest weight after gastric bypass surgery. I really want to lose most of that weight, so I'm back here hoping for some support.

QOTD: I really like mozzarella sticks wrapped in prosciutto.

Today's Menu:

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, strawberries & greek yogurt

L: Healthy Choice microwave meal

D: Marie Calender's microwave meal

S: banana, greek yogurt

Photo Friday: Pictures of the cat statue that I painted for the animal shelter fund raiser.

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend everyone!

~ Karen

Kakesie
on 6/28/19 6:38 am
Kakesie
on 6/28/19 6:36 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Fridsay menu,(Photo Friday),RNYers?

Good Morning and Happy Friday everyone! I'm still around. I'm sorry I've been so lax about getting on this site and posting.

I have a busy weekend. I think I am going on a trail ride on Saturday, then church on Sunday, followed by Book Club, then a great nephew's birthday party / swim party in the evening. Ugh, I am actually going to put on a swim suit. I am going to wear boy shorts / swim trunks to cover up my flabby thigh skin but they are just going to have to live with my "bat wings" on my arms.

I have regained 25 lbs from my lowest post-surgery weight. I am very unhappy about that and hope to lose those extra pounds.

B: prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: 170 calorie microwave meal

D: 190 calorie microwave meal with extra cheese

S: light & fit Greek yogurt, cantaloupe

Photo Friday:

Some pictures from the Horse Show on June 16th. I won two 1st place ribbons and one 2nd place ribbon!

Also, our silly dog, Sophie climbs the tree in our backyard!!! She and Blossom chase a squirrel up the tree and Sophie tries to climb the tree! I've seen her get even further up in the tree, but this is the best picture I could get of her. It looks like all you can see is her butt, but it you look closely, you can see her face on the other side of the tree trunk. Silly "cat-dog"! LOL!

Have a great day and a wonderful weekend everyone!

~ Karen

Kakesie
on 5/24/19 1:08 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Photo Friday Menu?

Good afternoon and Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

QOTD: No big plans this weekend. Probably church on Sunday and maybe a trail ride on either Sunday afternoon or Monday.

Accountability: Still struggling with wanting to eat too much and regain.

B: 3 strips bacon, light & fit Greek yogurt, banana

L: 170 calorie microwave meal

D: 190 calorie microwave meal

S: light bread, banana & peanut butter, light & fit Greek yogurt

Photo Friday: Pictures from the horse show last Sunday. The ribbons are a 4th place in Trail (obstacle course) and a 2nd place in Western Pleasure Walk/Trot.

Have a great weekend!

~ Karen

Kakesie
on 5/24/19 12:58 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Photo Friday Menu?

Love both pictures! The one of Story playing in the water is priceless! You should get that one framed!

Kakesie
on 5/22/19 5:29 am
Topic: RE: What is on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers?

Good Morning Daisy and Menu Family,

The horse show on Sunday went really well. I competed in Trail (riding through a pattern of obstacles) and Western Pleasure Walk/Trot. I won a 4th place ribbon for Trail and a 2nd place ribbon for Walk/trot. (Don't be too impressed, there were only 2 of us in walk/trot, so technically I was last place - LOL, but the judge did say we both did very well). I will post pictures on Photo Friday.

QOTD: Even if money was no object, I would still buy clothes from Swap.com or our local Dollar Auction. I love getting a bargain and I don't like to spend any more money than I have to on clothes.

Accountability: Yesterday: I did okay until dinner time when Saralisa and I made a stuffed crust pizza and I ate too much of it. Oh well, today is another day.

B: 3 slices bacon, light & fit Greek yogurt

L: chicken pot pie

D: 190 calorie microwave meal

S: banana, prosciutto & mozzarella sticks, light & fit Greek yogurt

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?