H.A.L.A B.’s Posts

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 11:19 am
Topic: RE: Good Sunday morning, what?s on your menu?

We are growing grass for cats inside, and last yea4 I discovered the Zevo. Love it.

I just ordered "generic " glu traps for them. I hope they would work as well as the original.

BTW- I had to put the Zevo on a timer, because the light is so bright that I noticed it in rhr bedroom. I try to keep bedroom as dark as possible so even though the light was in the breakfast room, then there is kitchen then Family room, the blue light affected the illumination in the bedroom. The light turns on at 6am and off at 11. Blue light interfere with melatonin production.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 11:11 am

O yea they get inside. And I'm allergic to their bites.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 11:10 am

Hello, good afternoon.

I see you put "boiled eggs" for breakfast...aren't you allergic to them?

Just curious. At one time i was diagnosed with a allergies to different foods. But they got resolved after 5-6 years of total avoidance plus gut healining.

Yes, it's possible to get rid of allergies when those allergies were caused by "a leaky gut syndrome". Once the leaky gut condition is significantly improved, and the person avoids the foods for a significant amount of time, the allergies can go away (But they could be back again - I did a bunch of research on that. )

I got extremely busy, then started listening to a book and my Saturday was completely lost to it.

Qotd: rare to mid rare, but only filet. Any other needs to be well done, ideally in a sauce.

Food wise - I still eat whenever but I really want to get back to my keto-paleo diet.

In a meantime I found a keto friendly "breaded chicken strips" in Costco (RealGoodbrand). They are tasty. Really good. It's one of protein food I actually have to put away once I start getting i get ful. from my hands' reach when I start feeling full. Yesterday I over- ate, so I was paying for that.

I probably would fix some dinner today. I try to have "eat out of fridge or freezer" month. Yes, we have enough of food in the fridge/freezers. Including a huge pork shoulder, pork loin, lasagna, chicken breast (2 big packs), and so on.

I need to get some noodles for Keith (spaghetti or angel hair) to have at home. And I've got rice and cauliflower rice (for me).

The only other foods I would get would be fresh produce and "staple food - snacks for Keith. He works from home and he likes to get some "easy grab, reheat, and eat at a desk" food.

The RealGood brand pre- cooked food is not too bad.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/3/23 10:40 am

Ants are harmless? Not in SC. The nasty red ants are horrible. They leave nasty bites.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/29/23 7:18 am
Topic: RE: What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Good morning. You are the queen of productivity. Wow.

Qotd: there is at least one "spirit" in the office building of our company. I often hear him when everyone is gone for the day. I saw him only a few times. I'm not the only one who experience the presents of the ghost. He is neither friendly not unfriendly- he just is.

I know there is a "phantom " black cat in our house. We see him quite often.

I personally don't like visit "haunted houses" I had enough of that in my life.

Yesterday I attempted to have a low carb day. It started well ..but it was a major fail by the end of the day. Ugh.

Today would be a better day. I hope.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 9:11 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Monday Menu?

5 years, eh? Congratulations !!! You manage it well.

Does it feel like almost yesterday and or a very far away ?

I'm 15 years post op and most people don't remember me as MO person. More or less fit - yes. And for me - like with a real age - seams like not that long since, but then I really remember...

I learned a lot about nutrition, vitamins, minerals, etc... plus a lot about myself and others.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 12:51 pm
Topic: RE: What?s on your Sunday menu?

BTW: I can't attach a latrger file to the PM/DM in obesity help. I can send yu a presentation that talkes about that specific SIBO issue. It really help me understanding the conditrtion much better.

Any type of rwegular email woud do - gmain or hotmail.

I can then provide you with my personal scheduel of what I take and how much when for 2 weeeks. (I increase the doses of the supplements over 2 weeks).

Then after the antibiotics/Candida treatment I send 2 weeks on rebuilding the gut flora. That is importnat becouse without teh good bacteria- fungi is difficult to properly digest food.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 9:53 am

Besides low FODMAP diet, I have to avoid high fiber foods. i.e. raw carrots. And take Miralax. Every day. Once a week or once every 2 weeks (depending on my activities) I add an additional dose of miralax. If I don't get clean with the extra dose of Miralax, I know I'm getting backed up, and need tyo take care of that (even more miralax, or food type that helps my body get clean)

Plus, to make sure I don't get severe cramps, I have to make sure I get rather lose BM. Anything else - it gets stuck. I also have to be careful how much dairy I eat. Too much cheese - dairy - and my body overproduces mucus, internal mucus. That's is always bad side effect for me.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 9:44 am

I've been trying to retire sine 2018. We need to sell the business for me to be able to retire. I'm working on that. As for Dewey - he is a super cuddly cat. Very seldom he is not with or around one of us when we are home. Except Keith works from home now 100% of the time so he had to train Dewey to let him work. But Keith and cats have lunch together.

Head elevated- no, that hurst my back, but elevated legs - specially knees - absolutely. My back is lying flat on my bed, unless Dewey decides he needs to sleep on my belly. 22 lbs added in my mid-section is "upsetting the balance". My behind gets pushed into the mattress. That often causes pain, enough to wake me up. I then need to reposition Dewey, him lying beside me (cuddled, with his head on my shoulder or neck) and we go back to sleep right away. When I wake him up in a middle of the night, he gets grouchy for maybe 5 second, then starts to cuddle and starts purring and snoring in no time...When one of us goes to bed earlier- we try to get Dewey to go to bed, but he often stays with me in the family room, especially when I'm not feeling my best and I need to be in a recliner. He is one of it's own kind cat - he cuddles with you when he wants to, and he cuddles with one of us if we want him to cuddle. It's his job to take care of me when I get bad SIBO gut spasms. Seriously.

Talking about the head - someone suggested a special pillow. I got is, but I was reluctant to try. When I got it I did not think I would like it. But I love it. Its great for my neck, especially when I sleep on my back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZPKCM61/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b _search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 5:25 am

Very impressive. You are mass producing them now. Wow.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 4:54 am

Muscle relaxants can cause itching plus dry mouth. And even nausea. Benadryl can help but antihistamines are not good for the brain so I'm trying to limit that.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 4:52 am

Good morning. Yea on the thesis. Congratulations !!!!

As many probably would ask, - are you considering to continue the cookie business or completely drop it?

If you drop the cookies business- what are the future plans for you? What type of job you would be looking for? Are you planning to take some time off for you? Or do you plan to start looking for a job?

At my age, people around me are retiring and it's hard to push myself to go to work every day.

Qotd: I'll pass...

I really need to go back on my eating plan. The "whatever diet" is working against me - I gained 10 lbs from the 20 I lost earlier this year. And the gas my body makes is horrible.

P.S. excessive and horid smelling gas indicates severe SIBO, plus is accompanied by abdominal bloating and pain. And can cause fibromyalgia flares, seborrheic dermatitis flare, and significantly increased joints and back pain.

Talking about joints pain - last night Dewey decided i needed a large cat on my knees. Initially I was planning to pull him off, but I didn't do that when I realized that he actually warmed my knees and helped with knees pain. Interesting.

BTW- he loves laying on my torso- my belly, but his weight pushes my lower back out of alignment and I wake up with more than usual back pain. When he was younger and not as big (he is app 22 lbs now) I loved when he was sleeping on my belly. It was a warming, purring gut "topper". Seriously. I think he helped to stimulate my gut muscles.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 4:30 am

If you decide toget tested for SIBO, make sure they test for all 3 types. Often they test for 2 only. Plus have in mind that for a lot of people who had WLS, it may come false negative.

If you are dealing with RH after eating (reactive hypoglycemia), that test may also cause that.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/28/23 4:24 am
Topic: RE: What?s on your Saturday menu?

I'm so sorry you re in so much pain. I have some bad days, but my body tolerates opiates so when I really hurting I can take that and "get stupid". Because more than minimum amount of opiates - makes me stupid.

As for anxiety stuff, there are a few things I can do: good movie, good audiobook or real book. Cheess calms me down (the casein in cheese binds to receptors and stimulate dopamine release). Supplements- l-theanine is great for that, and taking a mixture of caffeine with l-theanine d lifting but calming effect on my system. Too much l-theanine and I'm out, so I've got to be careful with that.

Hugs...

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/23 12:23 pm

Hello everyone. Monday. ugh. But only 4 days until Friday.

Work is interesting, life is OK. I started my antibiotics and supplements regime and next 2 weeks would be ...interesting. Then 2 weeks after that would be so-so as I would be rebuilding healthier bacterial balance in my gut/

QOTD: I haven't add any new app on my phone in the last 2 years, And if I want to think about last one - it was an app for Keto-mojo device to measure BS and ketons.

My eating is still a mess but I hope with more days of treatment - my craving for sugar and sweets would diminish.

My gut is not happy but that's normal.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/23 12:15 pm

Taking teh supplements together with antibiotics and Candida Rx meds really can help with distrubing - geting through the biofilm the bacteria/candida can create.
I have a good presentation I may send you a copy if I have your email.

i.e. garlic can casue a strong reaction in me, so garlic pills are rather not good for me. But a pure allacin capsules are great becasue they deliver the "medicinal" stuff without upsetting my gut. Allicin is great for any type of bacteria - fungal infection.

Allimax Pro 450mg 100 Vegicaps. Allicin Garlic Supplement to Support Your Body's Immune Function. With Stabilized Allicin Extracted from Clean & Sustainable Spanish Grown Garlic. Professional Strength

https://www.amazon.com/Allimax-International-Limited-Vegicap s-Count/dp/B005S7G75C/ref=sr_1_6_pp?crid=143ETFNXPE1ZI&keywo rds=allicin+max&qid=1692645000&sprefix=allacin%2Caps%2C102&s r=8-6

Integrative Therapeutics - Berberine Complex - Berberine Supplement with Oregon Grape and Goldenseal Root Extract - Vegan Supplement - 90 Capsules

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003FIMNJK?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reord er-t1_k0_1_9&=&crid=3GFP55HLQIT69&=&sprefix=berberine

And tehre is the Oregano Oil, and Neem.

I easily spend close to $300 for once a year treatment for SIBO+Candida.

Unfortunately high quality, high potency supplements cost a lot of money.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/23 12:01 pm

84 minutes.???? ouch...

Ugh. There are advantages of living in smaller towns. Last time I needed blood work, I even did not have an appointmnent (I forgot to make one) and with my doc appointmnet on Wednesday, I really needed blood work on Monday. Before 8am (hormonal testing). I was done in 15 min.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/23 11:43 am

Best wishes. Please keep us posted.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/23 8:22 am

I've got a list of very pottent, strong supplements to take for SIBO and candida. I often combine that with my antibiotics. But it's way over $100 for 2 weeks treatment.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/18/23 12:38 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

I Love the cookies. So adorable. In SC we have a few places that have great Barbeque. I really like brisket from a NC place. Now that we have found it, when we got to visit Keith's family in Hendersonville, I don't mind going as long as we going to stop by the barbeque place. If we are not stopping by there, I'm not going. If I have to be in a car for 1.5 hr each way, I better get some brisket.

QOTD: Paleo, but not Raw Paleo. Some meat I can eat raw, but most (chicken, pork,) and seafood (fish, shellfish) needs to be cooked. Plus veggies. I can eat some raw veggies, but not many.

Accountability: I ate too much food, and too many sweets. Including cheesecake and tiramisu. Plus, watermelon. I do plan to get back on my keto-paleo diet with some hard cheese added, but I'll start on Sunday or Monday. Until then, just whatever.

Keith is "under the weather" and we are not sure if it's cold or seasonal allergies. Just in case, I loaded him up with supplements and probiotics. I set it up for him and he no longer objects to taking as many and as often I suggest he takes. With his asthma, every time he gets congested with cold, he gets really miserable. Breathing is important to life.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/18/23 12:19 pm

unfortunatly dairy are not paleo as far as I know. So no cheese. .

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/18/23 12:14 pm

"..Have a piece of gluten free feta, parmesan, olive and thyme bread I made last night in the car..."

lol... I was reading this wondering how did you manage to make the bread in the car.... can't you tell english is not my first language?

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/18/23 12:06 pm

Thank you.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/17/23 1:20 pm
Topic: RE: What's on your Thursday Menu?

ugh on pneumonia. I had it one, mild one, after a flu I had. It took me 2 months to feel much better, but I think it took me close to 6 months to get back my full lungs capacity as before the pneumonia. I used to hike and I was really active. We went hiking one month after and I coudl only walk 3 miles before I needed a rest. We had to turn around becaue I just could continue. I got very, very tired. I slept in the car (like passed out) all the way back home, then I slept at home 2 more hours. Waking up one flight of stairs would leave me breathless. Pneumonia is no joke. I hope your mom feels better soon, but it can take time.

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/17/23 1:00 pm

Have he tried Kratom? I used teh powder i the past, but I start using more and more and got really dependent oin it. I had to get off. It took me a few months to slowly taper down.

I have been off that for app 2 years. But this year I got introduced to kratom extract. I tried some, and it surprised me. It actually wors for my nerv pain (pain in my leg). Since I start usig it, I really get pain free hours. I was able to cut my narco and muscle relaxants to 1/2 my daily dosage. And before that, the regiular daily dose was just lowering my pain, not really getting rid of the pain.

The coamny I use is https://herbapumps.com/. Their pump is very very concentrated. I use that maybe 1-2 x a day if I really start hurting. I use their GS golden standard, and i use less than 20 ml per day (in 4ml doses at a time). But sometime seven 1-2 ml is enough to help.

I rather not used anything, but not having the leg pain is huge thing.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 114 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 189 views