ipray’s Posts

ipray
on 1/25/24 11:30 am
Topic: RE: Extended release medication

Thank you so much! I had my sleeve done in Baltimore and then I moved to Florida, so didn't keep up with my Bariatric doctor and have forgotten some of the things that I learned from the doctor, classes and nutritionist. I guess I should really knuckle down and visit a Bariatric doctor here to see if anything has been changed/updated since I had mine done. Many thanks!

ipray
on 1/25/24 11:24 am

Thank you! It has been awhile and I couldn't remember why I could do one and not the other.

ipray
on 1/25/24 8:44 am

Hello, I am about nine years out from sleeve surgery and I can't remember if I can take extended release medications like Paxil extended release? (Sorry I had to post here, not much happening on the sleeve forum). Thanks!

ipray
on 1/4/24 8:01 am
Topic: RE: Probiotics

I had vertical sleeve surgery 9 years ago. Is it okay to take a Probiotic like Culturelle? (Would have tried VS forum, but not much traffic there).

ipray
on 7/6/22 9:28 am
Topic: RE: Gummies VSG?

Very true! I have been having ongoing issues for awhile now, so I have been trying to cut out everything to get it figured out. (I did have an appointment with a Gastrologist about 3 weeks ago, but had to cancel as my husband has been ill). I am going to make another appointment just to find out what the heck is going on so that I don't stop using something for the wrong reasons. Thank you so much for your reply!

ipray
on 7/6/22 6:43 am

Thank you for letting me know this! I will be on the look out. (It is so hard to find products, even so called "healthy" products that are truly free of ingredients that cause us problems). Thank you for your response!

ipray
on 7/5/22 5:12 pm

I have reading most of the day about how sugar alcohol as well as whey protein can upset stomachs. I am getting quite the education! Better late than never! You are the best and thank you for pointing out information that I took for granted!!!

ipray
on 7/5/22 12:02 pm

I just re-read your message and now I am on the lookout for sugar alcohols, ingredients that end in itol. (Ignore my previous post asking to help identify the sugars. I should have read this post more carefully. Thanks for all the help and God Bless!!!

ipray
on 7/5/22 9:12 am

I just cancelled my order for the Orgain plant powder in case it had sugar alcohols. These are some of the ingredients:organic erythritol, xanthan gum, organic stevia and organic guar gum. Should I be on the look out for any or all of these or anything else? Thanks again! (I am so sorry I am taking up so much of your time! It has been awhile since surgery and so much has changed).

ipray
on 7/4/22 4:40 pm

Thank you for your quick response! I don't know if they would be good to take every day or several times a day. (I would find them easier/quicker to take than mixing up a shake, but you are correct, they are tasty!) Thanks again!

ipray
on 7/4/22 4:16 pm

(I know this is a RNY forum, but recently read that not many people read/post on the VSG forum anymore). Hello, I think I may be lactose intolerant. I had my gallbladder taken out about 2 years ago. I have been having nausea/diarrhea every day for a while now and have originally attributed it to stress. (I have lost my mother, sister in-law and my husband has been suffering with a serious medical condition). I thought maybe I could be lactose intolerant and was previously drinking pre-made (Qwest) protein shakes but have switched to Quest protein powder as it is lower in lactose. Still having problems, so want to cut out lactose completely. I have found protein gummies at Bariatric Pal and was wondering if we can take gummies with VSG? (I have been using melatonin gummies at night as well as I thought they may work faster than pill form). Thanks all and Happy 4th!

ipray
on 2/7/15 12:14 am
Topic: RE: TURKEY NECK!!!!

I have a turkey neck too and I just read an article in Shape magazine (Jan/Feb) and it mentions new less invasive procedures.  One is called a microsuction, (like liposuction) thin fine tube inserted into a nearly invisable 1/4 in*****ision under chin and recovery is a matter of days and results are dramatic and permanent. Noninvasive laser or ultra sound treatments can also help, but not the best results and they need to be repeated yearly.  Otherwise, a neck lift is the only way to totally eliminate the turkey neck.  (I will consider the microsuction when the time comes.  Otherwise, will go the neck/face lift route.)  I am just using cream in the mean time. Good luck!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 358 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 173 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 111 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 173 views