tummy tuck opinions

Lee ~
on 7/8/11 2:03 am - CA
I'm 60 and waiting until I stop losing weight before I go for my consultation.  My Sleeve surgeon recommended me to a great guy at a Kaiser in Northern California.  I'll start with a consult with him and then go from there.  My worst are my arms and I'd love a facelift too.  I've seen pictures of face lifts that he's done and they were gorgeous.  The surgeon came and spoke at one of our support group meetings and I thought he was great.

I'd like a LBL and Breast Lift as well but it's all about vacation time, money etc.

I still have a ways to go before plastics because I still have weight to shed and then maintain.

I've been spending time reading the Plastics forum here on OH.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MacMadame
on 7/8/11 6:45 am - Northern, CA
 Someone who does great face lifts? What's his name?!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Lee ~
on 7/8/11 8:37 am - CA
Dr. Hop Le @ San Rafael Kaiser. He did a great presentation at our group.  There was one guy that basically had his entire body transformed.  The pictures were amazing.  Then at the end of the meeting a guy stood up and he said "that's me in those pictures".  The surgeon is quite an artist.   My friend Bonnie just had a consult for a face lift.  If you're at the picnic tomorrow, talk to her about it.  Hope to see you!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MacMadame
on 7/8/11 8:58 am - Northern, CA
 I will talk to you tomorrow then!

Laurie M.
on 7/8/11 3:22 am - KS
How long are you suppose to wait after you reach goal before you can get a tummy tuck?

fatoldbat
on 7/8/11 4:14 am
some say 18 months but i'm at goal and my weight has been pretty stable for the last couple of months....looking at surgery in early october which will be 16 months post op for me.  they want you to be at goal because if you lose more weight after the surgery, you could have more saggy skin (that's what i've read)....
Blessings,  J
HW 250.4/SW 238/1ST GOAL 155/2ND GOAL 150/CW 143.6
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
MacMadame
on 7/8/11 7:03 am - Northern, CA
I've heard anywhere from 3 to 18 months. You don't actually have to be "at goal" just metabolically stable. I.E., no big fluctuations in weight.

My own personal experience is that the longer you wait, the better. My body continues to change as I work on it and I think I'm going to need a lot less PS that I originally thought when I first got to goal.

lerkhart
on 7/8/11 3:30 am
I have not had a tummy tuck or anything.  I'll be two years out next month and I can tell a huge difference just in the last 3 months.  I am doing Zumba and walking/jogging(a little).  I have not lost any more weight, but I can tell it is redistributing.  I know we are all different, and I don't know how bad yours is, but it might be worth it if you could wait a little longer and see if you have any redistribution.
I wish I could have a BL and maybe small implants, but that is probably not going to happen so I just bought a good padded bra and it works fine with clothes!!!
Good luck.
Linda
14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
nmscuba
on 7/8/11 10:18 pm - kingsley, MI
I say go for it too!  Look at all the money we have spent on other things in life that end up in the closet, then the basement, then the garage sale or the trash.

This is something that will be with you forever, each time you look in the mirror it will put a smile on your face and you will be so happy you did it.

I learned yrs ago when I burried both my parents by the time I was 42 that it was time to take care of myself and not worry so much about all the other people, I learned I can't save the world anymore so to speak and started living my life for me not for everyone around me.

Don't get me wrong, Im still Mr helpful and always help others, but now when it comes to something I need I do it or works towards being able to do it.

Cost of being happy PRICELESS :-)
Tony,

Surgery Date 9/16/11, HW 260lb. Currently 207 lbs, SW 241 Goal 190lb.  5ft 9.5 inches        
Roz !!!!
on 7/8/11 10:31 pm, edited 7/8/11 10:32 pm - Butler, PA
Ifr you can afford it and it really bothers you then go for it!   How's your boobs?

I'm going on 3 years out and I went for a consult about 1.5 years ago but I decided that since I couldn't afford and I don't have any rich relatives that it just wasn't going to happen for me.  Are there any rich Angels on here that $10,000 means nothing to....????

Anyway back to being serious.  My tummy has actually redistributed alot and I even feel comfortable going out of the house without my panty girdle.  Is it flat..no but I can live with that.  My boobs on the other hand aren't as mushy as they used to be but a looooooong way off from looking good.  That's where I'd spend my money if I had any.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 309 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 434 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 498 views
Still kickin'...