New lightweight saying hello!

Tizzles
on 5/7/16 6:45 pm

It doesn't sound silly and I have thought about this as well. Kind of just throwing my pelvis forward a bit to help out height wise. The coins in the bra was me kidding but don't think before I submitted my first post I wasn't thinking about weights to put in the bottom of my shoes or something to make me a little heavier! I will definitely keep everyone updated! Thank you :D

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/16 10:27 pm

I was right on the line, and did both things suggested by others:

1) Drink fluids, eat more, and wear heavy clothing to max weight.

2) Told nurse I was an inch shorter and slouched as they measured me. If they stated a taller number, I corrected them. They know the drill and will fall in line.

It seems silly, but clerks at insurance companies need to check the box so you must give them something to work with.

Tizzles
on 5/8/16 12:20 am

Thank you. I know the doctors office can't really say this to me, so I'm thankful to all of you here that will! I already filled out my patient information packet before the seminar and turned it in when I got there. I'll have to correct them about my height!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/8/16 4:08 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

At my first visit my BMI was 39 with co-morbitities.  My insurance required over 35 with co-morbitities or over 40 without.  They also required 6 months of supervised Dr visits.  My BMI dropped to 32 during that period.  The surgeon's office submitted my paperwork with the original weight and I was approved.  When I had my pre-op tests they had me tell the nurse that I didn't need to be weighed (she called the surgeon office to make sure).  Immediately after I had to go to the office where they did weigh me to make sure they had the right number for anesthesia.  They do this to make sure there are no complications with insurance when BMI is under 35 (though my insurance caseworker assured me that it was the starting weight that counted).  I just received the bills from surgery after insurance and everything went through fine.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 429 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 510 views