10 years ... yesterday

mo21012
on 3/23/14 12:05 am - Anne Arundel County, MD

Last night as my husband and I sat down to dinner, I asked ... do you remember where we were 10 years ago today?  He paused, thought about it .. March 22, 2004?  Nope, where were we?  Salisbury at Pennisula General.  After being somewhat amazed that it has been 10 years, he started remembering how I was that night ... yelling at him, miserable, unhappy, etc.   The next morning (just about this time of day as I type this) he appeared in my room and I was sitting up in a chair and while I still wasn't sure I hadn't made a mistake, I had stopped blaming him for it .. it took a few weeks to realize that it was a good thing and a bit longer to say that I would do it again in a heartbeat.

It has been an amazing 10 years, I've not maintained my full weight loss, nor have I gained it all back either.   I think about every bite that goes into my mouth even the poor choices!  I can still go out to eat, have an appetizer as my main course and bring half of it home.  There are people who only know me post-wls who can't imagine the 'old' me and even the ones who knew me when can't remember me then.    I am confident in my professional life and active in my personal life.  I am sometimes embarrassed when a co-worker (a woman just a few years younger than I) tells me I am her idol because of my accomplishments and the balance I have in my life.   I am fortunate to have a life partner who at times I want to strangle has supported me through thick and thin and all in between.   Here's to the next 10!!!

Comparison is the thief of joy!

If we spend our time comparing our life/weight loss/body to others, we totally miss what WE have accomplished.   Keep in mind how far you have come and what you can do now that you couldn't do weeks/months/years ago.   I hate the expression " It's all good", but in this case it fits!   Wherever you are in your journey  ... It's ALL good!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years ... yesterday
mo21012 · 0 replies · 850 views
Ten Years Today
reenieb · 0 replies · 965 views
10 years
Virginia H · 0 replies · 660 views
10YearsToday!
wlsurvivor · 2 replies · 806 views
9 years plus 1 day
pammy157 · 0 replies · 786 views