March 12, 2013, surgery date

Moorilla
on 2/28/13 12:59 am - TN
RNY on 03/12/13

Like everyone else, I'm a little nervous yet anxious.  I'm currently two days into the liver shrink diet and am doing well with that.  I'm wondering if this is what the postsurgical diet will be like, as well.  So far, it's bearable and I haven't experienced any real cravings.  I'm sure they'll hit eventually, especially over the weekend when it's traditionally our days for eating out. 

Being new to the boards, I'm like a sponge soaking up all the personal experiences and information.  Thank you all for being so open and sharing all aspects of your experiences.  I'm looking forward to having my own "war story" to add soon! 

April M.
on 2/28/13 4:02 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

It is normal to be nervous. I am excited and ready to be in the recovery phase.  Best wishes to you as you continue in your journey to a new life. I look forward to joining you on the losers bench soon ;) My surgery is on the 11th :)

Moorilla
on 2/28/13 10:25 pm - TN
RNY on 03/12/13
Moorilla
on 2/28/13 10:29 pm - TN
RNY on 03/12/13
Moorilla
on 2/28/13 10:31 pm - TN
RNY on 03/12/13

Thanks for the encouragement.  Are you completing a liver shrink diet or any other presurgical diet?  Good luck to you!  I'll be excited to hear your story!

April M.
on 3/1/13 1:37 pm - Clarksville, TN
RNY on 03/11/13

I am on day one of my ten day pre op liquid diet. It's ok so far. I know that there are gonna be times when I am so hungry but I just figure it's all part of the process. Learning to eat to live instead of living to eat.  I am glad to meet you and hope we can encourage each other as we travel on this journey to better health. 

Moorilla
on 3/2/13 9:32 pm - TN
RNY on 03/12/13
There are so many preop diets used. It makes me wonder what the line of thought is behind each one & the data supporting each one. The one I'm on is basically high protein, of course, & low fat. I'm only required to do clear liquids the day before. I'm really thankful for the one small meal I have each day.

Keep plugging along. Just a few more days! It's been encouraging to see the scale change during the diet!

Most Active
Recent Topics
7 Day Plateau Blues
Chanel319 · 0 replies · 524 views
March 27 Surgery date !!!!
naplesmom · 1 replies · 626 views
The big day.....tomorrow!
Moorilla · 1 replies · 602 views