Surgery Date is April 10, 2013.

Puddle Jumper
on 4/2/13 11:59 pm - Canada
RNY on 04/10/13

Having my surgery on April 10.

Going for my pre-op tomorrow.

Is anyone else having surgery in Guelph On tomorrow by Dr. Pereira-Hong?

Have lost about 70 lbs so far, hoping the surgery will help me achieve my goals.

anndac824
on 4/6/13 6:05 am - CA
RNY on 04/10/13

Hi PJ

I'm having surgery 4-10-13 as well.  I'm having surgery with Dr. Oliak in Brea, California.  Great job losing the 70 lbs so far!!  

debbie

Puddle Jumper
on 4/6/13 6:09 am - Canada
RNY on 04/10/13

Thanks very much. Good Luck on your surgery. By the way how long did you have to wait from the time of your referral until your surgery date? I was referred by my doctor in Sept. 2011 and only getting surgery this yr. So I guess that was 19 months or is the process different in the USA ?

HW : 358.5  Ref W. 342.5  F V W   334    SW 278.2    CW  177.0         

anndac824
on 4/6/13 7:31 am - CA
RNY on 04/10/13

Well, since i have issues with the lap band, I didn't have to wait very long.  I saw the doctor in January and got approved March 20 and have a surgery date for April 10.  It went pretty fast but it's most likely because i've already gone through the initial process and i have issues with GERD and the band is so tight nothing wants to pass through.  

19 months, however, does seem a little long to wait.  Everyone's wait time is so different depending on their insurance and doctor schedules.  Where are you?  Good luck with your surgery.  Let's keep in touch.

debbie

Puddle Jumper
on 4/6/13 7:40 am - Canada
RNY on 04/10/13

I would love to keep in touch. Makes it easier when you have someone going through the same thing at the  same time. I am in Ontario Canada . Our Ontario Health Insurance Plan takes care of all of the cost of the surgery , hospital stay , dr visits etcetera. We initially have to be referred by a doctor, usually your family doctor and then go to a bariatric clinic for education as to what to expect, how to change eating plans both pre and post -op. We also have to make a commitment to come back to the clinic for 5 yrs post op to check on how we are doing. We also see a registered nurse, dietician and social worker several times before you meet the surgeon and get approval. Depends on where you have your surgery done in Ontario as to what your post op diet will be to start. We have to have clear fluids only for 2 weeks. Then full fluids ( strained cream soups, yogurt, apple sauce , diluted orange juice ) for the next two weeks. Then we can move on to regular soft foods. But no salads or raw veggies for 3 months and no beef, pork, veal , or venison for 6 months.

Where are you located?

anndac824
on 4/13/13 11:07 am - CA
RNY on 04/10/13
Hi- how are you doing? I had a rough couple days in hospital from nausea. Much better today. Hope all is well with you.

debbie

Puddle Jumper
on 4/14/13 10:52 am - Canada
RNY on 04/10/13

I just got home from the hospital today ( Sunday ). Was going to be released on Friday and then had some heart racing so they kept me till today. Surgically all went well. Hope your nausea has ended. Now we see if it was all worth it. Take care.

Most Active