VSG on 4/15/15 Feeling Nervous

waponiiwoo
on 4/4/15 12:58 pm

I'm almost through Day 4 of my liquid diet and have 11 days until surgery. Starting to get really nervous/afraid/anxious about something happening during surgery. Who else is having surgery on the same day that I am?

etiedeman
on 4/19/15 11:03 am

How are you feeling? I had my VSG on the 14th. Today is the first day that I've been really miserable and down. Surgery went fine and I was in the hospital 2 nights. Now I'm just trying to swallow the liquid diet and am longing for real food.

waponiiwoo
on 4/19/15 11:28 am

My surgery was cancelled because the orthopedist I saw for a persistent sore spot on my finger found a small (likely benign) tumor and bone infection. So, I've postponed surgery for now. I felt really positive about trying to lose some weight on my own, but the last week has been stressful for my family and I've not been perfect...I haven't been bad either, just not perfect. I'm a bit jealous that you've made it through surgery but sorry to hear that you're struggling. Just think, you'll be adding in "real" food in less than two weeks. Enjoy seeing the scale change in your favor! You can do this - you've got this!

etiedeman
on 4/19/15 11:45 am

Thanks! I hope your finger feels better. That has to be scary! My niece recently had a bone cyst in her heel. She was milimeters away from being crippled for life. They caught it just in time. Any problem with bones scares me to death!

I'm trying to stay positive. Just having a bad day.

Age: 33; Height: 5'7"; VSG 4/14/15; HW: 344lbs (Jan '15); SW: 330lbs; GW#1: 170lbs 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Surgery RNY on 4/10!!!
pdxmommyof4 · 0 replies · 325 views
VSG on 4/15/15 Feeling Nervous
waponiiwoo · 3 replies · 385 views
April 1, 2015
sugahsweetkris · 0 replies · 239 views
April 15th RNY Surgery @ HRRH
FitByForty · 2 replies · 446 views
April 15th RNY!!!
NikkiThorn · 10 replies · 718 views