June Surgeries - 9 month check in

KiaSunRay
on 3/16/10 5:13 am - Washington, DC
Hi Everybody!

I had RNY on 6/16/09 and have lost 153lbs so far.  I have another 100 to go, and I hope I make it.!  (it's my personal goal, not the surgeons.)  I'm very happy with my progress.  I've gone from wearing a size 32 to size 20.  I hope to be a 14 by mid summer.

I'm having a much easier time moving a round.  My joints and lower back no longer hurt.  I can even run a little bit.  I even tried Bikram Yoga yesterday and did fairly well and I'm looking for other activities to add to my fitness plan.

Eating has become challenging lately because I've realized I can tolerate a lot of foods I used to eat. So it's taking a lot more effort to follow the post op meal plan.

I enjoy being able to fit into smaller clothes and look forward to having the ability to shop in regular department stores opposed to plus size specialty stores.

I'm glad to hear everyone is having a good experience!

Always,

Kia

new.life88
on 3/18/10 6:11 am - CA
Hi June Buddies!

Had my surgery 6/19/09 - started at 324 - lost apx 35 pounds prior to surgery, so entered hosp at 289 and as of this week am at 215.70.  A total of 74.70 lost post surgery.  I started as a 24/26 size and now am at 18.

I have to admit i wish i was smaller by now BUT am thrilled with my progress.

The last 2 months I have slipped - too many carbs (discovered I can eat popcorn and have over done it) and sugar (I can eat it). But coming back on board here I am pulling myself back in line before I get too far off track (and taking responsibility for getting myself to onderland and beyond this year).

I started exercising more (belly dancing - crazy since my belly is not my fav right now - or my saggy arms - but i am still proud of my less of me to shimmy!) and entered the SF Bay to Breakers a 7.40 mile race in May i am training for (I will walk it).

I am losing 1 to 4 pounds a month right now which feel too little - but - people tell my face and body look smaller each month to them so i think the weight is shifting....just have to move away from carbs/sugar ad exercise and i will get to my goal.

B****hanks for being there - this surgery buddy check in helped me.
Lisa H.
on 3/19/10 10:53 am - IN
I had my surgery on 6/17/09, weighed 243 and now weigh 132. Now that I hit 132, I'm no longer in the "overweight" category, which is pretty exciting. I can't believe how fast it has come off either! I never would have guessed that I would have lost 111 pounds by now.

My legs and arms are not attractive!! But I just tell myself they are better than the fat alternative. I may consider having plastics on my arms, but not sure. I don't want to be self-conscious about them. We're getting ready to go on vacation with 6 other families. I keep thinking about how I'm going to look in a bathing suit! But then I remind myself that it's better than the alternative.

I wanted to get to a size 8, which was my pre-baby size. I'm now wearing 6's and 4's. When I shop and try on size Small tops and they fit, I just can't believe it. This has not been an easy journey, but I would do it all over again for sure. Wish I had done it sooner!
Lisa H.        
HEATHER J.
on 3/23/10 11:32 am - Church Hill, MD
Hello June babies!
My RNy was June 26th.....I left the hospital weighing 299, today I weigh 163! I have really slowed down the loosing in the past 2 months, which I am glad of.....I dont want to go under 160. My initial goal was 140, but looking at myself now, no way! 140, on me, I would look sick.
I feel great these days! I have energy out the wazoo.....I am off all meds.....my self esteem is rising, and when I go shopping, I buy a size 8! I NEVER EVER saw single digit sizes for me! I am loving it!
I do still struggle with protein from time to time, but for the most part I am doing good.
Congrats to all!

Starting weight 301 Current weight 127

No Matter How I May Change, I Will Still Be ME!!!!

QueenieO
on 4/8/10 7:07 am
 I will be 10 months out on the 25th and overall very pleased with my progress so far. 

My highest weight was 350 lbs.  I was 318 by the time I saw the surgeon.  I lost down to 288 prior to surgery and after I had surgery I jumped to 301.  Currently I am losing and find 5 lbs at around 228.  I have being walking more and going to Curves faithfully. 

I look pretty good in a size 18 dress/pants for the first time in over 20 years.  My body has many battle scars but they are all worth it.  I too struggle with new found hunger but am trying to make healthy choices.

Thanks for the support - best to you all!

(deactivated member)
on 4/21/10 9:36 pm - Kent, WA
I am now 10 months out (surgery date 06.10.09) and am thrilled to say I remain at 15 lbs below my goal weight!  My highest weight was 250 and my goal was 130 which I reached in December.  It has been a struggle to get here but it was worth it!  I laugh at times when I hear people describe me as "tiny" and do a double take sometimes in the mirror.  I still struggle with self image but that will come in time!  Congrats to us all!
Most Active