Do you wonder what it will be like?

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/11 7:33 am - Elkton, MD

Not sure if its just me or not but does anyone else wonder what its going to be like to be thinner or skinny, like a year from now?

I am 30 and have been overweight since I was 5 yrs old. The smallest I ever remember being was when I was 18 and right before I got pregnant with my son. And that was only a size 16 (14 if I was lucky). Even then I still looked and felt big.

I want these next two months to just be done with, I am so tired of waiting as I started this all a year ago!

Melodie

Kaysmommy
on 5/9/11 8:17 am - Silver City, NM
You are not alone. I cannot even fathom it. I am 30 as well and have never been the skinny girl. I was in about 16s in high school, and I just wonder what it will be like to not be the big girl. I try to imagine if I will look the same, who knows. All these questions just keep flying around my head, along with per-op and post-op questions. I know my husband said a few hers ago he would never support me in surgery, but the last 2 1/2 years since I had my daughter he has seen me try so hard, and now he is so supportive in my choice, knowing I've tried. Part of me thinks this will fail like everything else I have tired. Ok Im sure I went off on a tangent, but this whole process brings up so many emotions and tons of questions for me.
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/9/11 9:34 pm
I'm in my 50s and have always been fat.  I have no idea what it will be like.  I can't wait!

Winnie

BeautyisherGODgiven
name

on 5/10/11 5:02 am
at 34, I cannot remeber being less than 217. I would love to be 160 (WITH A BREAST REDUCTION). I have been spending alot of time thinking about why I have been overweight. I put on this blanket of fat to protect me a long time ago and now I was going to get rid of it. It scares me and I am seeking therapy about it; mainly because I am afraid of transfer addiction. But this is my current point of view on it:
I will become a better version of myself
I will let go of the package that has prevented the world of seeing who I really am
I will stand out for who I am not how I don't fit in
I will be able to personally testify to my daughters of seeing an obsticle and overcoming it with any and all tools availble to me.
GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!
Follow my progress: www.youtube.com/user/livictori                           

(deactivated member)
on 5/10/11 5:10 am
I too am wondering what it will be like in a year after my surgery in June. I have been overweight since I was 16 now in my 50's and I can not remember me at a normal weight. I remember me being 250 then 300 then 350 up to 400 now back down to 333 today. I have to be at 315 or under by my post op visit or he will cancel my surgery. I just hope I can make it.

I am going to try to write down some changes I will be going through as I lose the weight. Like be able to walk without so much effort and see my feet when I look down etc...

I am having this thought of I am in a confort zone now and the big changes can be really scarey. I do not know if anyone else was that way or not. I am trying to come out of the comfort zone and go on to new and better things.

I wish you the best with your surgery.
Colleen
Tammy G.
on 5/10/11 10:49 pm
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 My biggest fear is that with everything, the work, the surgery, everything, it won't work----because nothing else ever has.  I've always been the fattest person in the room, even as a child.  When I start to have doubts I look at the before and after pictures.  It gives me hope that I will become one of those people who looked sad & defeated who now look like they have a new lease on life.  I am realistic about what the surgery can and can't do, but I also know that losing the weight will make it so much easier to deal with all the non-weight issues.

Good luck to you all.  My surgery is scheduled for 6/16 and I have to travel over 7 hours and stay 2 weeks post op.  I'm dreading it, but again, I'm looking at it as a new birthday.  We can do this and in a year we will all wonder what we were so scared of!
Khaliha
on 5/14/11 2:41 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Tammy,

I can relate. That has been on of my concerns since deciding to go thru with the procedure. I have seen many before and after pictures and that gives me hope as well. I think you words are a comfort for those who start to become doubtful, as well as positive that we all will have a new beginning coming soon. Thank you and Good Luck to you as well. My date is June 3 at 2:30. Cant wait!!
Bonnie L.
on 5/20/11 5:52 am
All the time. I have never been skinny or even average weight. I am trying all the time to picture myself and just come up blank. I was glad when my Dr's told me about this website because I am beginning to feel normal in my own mind. I am not alone. Thanks
mlyssa971
on 5/30/11 11:13 am
 I understand how you feel Bonnie. I sometimes feel alone too and I know that my husband and kids and daughter in law do not understand how hard it is. We did not ask to be this way and we are trying our best to do something about it. We will be here ya need us. just ask if ya need someone to talk to. Do you know if theres a messenger for the website. Would be great to communicate with others and not have to post. 
mlyssa971
on 5/27/11 9:55 am
 I wonder also, And worry. what if I do not look like I want to. What if I do not make my goal. My daughter is 13 yrs old and 215lbs being big runs in our family. I am trying to cut her eating down and get her on my diet with me and active so I can meet my goal and she will not have the issues that I do. Its hard. and scary and I can not wait! 

Most Active