Hello all you June babies!

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 5/17/11 8:28 pm
Muscle Milk makes a grapefruit protein water that has 60 cal. per serving and 10 grams of protein.  It is very mild tasting.  It doesn't have "that protein taste".  I bought some at GNC on sale for $1.25/ bottle.  I think they were regularly $2.25/bottle.  Give it a try.

Winnie

kathict
on 5/18/11 1:27 pm - West Haven, CT
Hello to all.. My surgery date is June 14th.

I also thank god for this site. It is wonderful to have info from members that have had surgery and share rejoices and concerns with all that are waiting.

Using my blog is making it easy to get out how I am feeling.

I am having the RNY and will start my pre-op diet on May 26th

Great to meet you all. Would love to touch base through it all.

therealleigh
on 5/18/11 9:42 pm - Matthews, NC
My surgery date is June 14th also.  I have to start my liquid diet on May 21st.   Two weeks of it.   I know I am gonna have a couple boxes of sugar free popsicles. 
anna222
on 5/19/11 3:50 am - clinton twp, MI
So it's me and you surgery on the same date.  I dont have to start the presurgery diet til the weekend.  Good luck with it I know we will need it!! lol  Just remember it's towards a great new life style and we will have many more days of happiness due to the this life changing event. 
lisaj803
on 5/26/11 7:55 am
My surgery is scheduled for June 20th.  I start an 800 calorie liquid diet on June 6th.  2 days before surgery I have to do a clear liquid diet (not looking forward to that).  I am nervous because I know this surgery is life changing.  I am excited because I know I need this to be free of all of my co-morbidities.  I was looking at a picture that showed all of the diseases that WLS could help, I had over 1/2 of them.  I am soo looking forward to feeling better and taking less medication.
nmnana
on 5/19/11 5:26 am
Hi! This is my first post to this site. My surgery date is June 7th. It's coming up fast!! I'm on a 1200 calorie diet, really working to take tiny bites, chew each bite until it's the consistency of applesauce, and take 30 minutes for my meal. The 30 minute part is easy with all that chewing!!! It's been a real eye opener. I didn't realize how quickly I ate--just gave a few chomps and swallowed. Pretty amazing!
T. Santana
on 5/20/11 5:33 am
 Hello everyone...my surgery date is June 27...I am looking forward to my new journey and having a spot on the losers bench... I wish everyone a safe surgery and a speedy recovery...I'm also looking forward to sharing my progress with everyone and rejoicing together along the way with our victories...xoxoxo
Crabadams72
on 5/20/11 9:05 am - Silver Spring, MD
My date is 6/10/11

I am so excited! I am not required to do a pre-op diet but I am going to do it anyway.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Tammy G.
on 5/20/11 10:01 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 My nut says it is perfectly fine post op to use the powdered non-flavored protien and add it to the clear liquids you will be eating instead of shakes.  He even gave me a recipe to make high protien Jello shots!  You can add the powder to chicken and beef broth, Crystal Light, etc.  

My date for RNY is June 16 and I'm on a 4 week pre-op diet of 70+ grams of protien a day and limiting carbs to 30 grams a day to shrink the liver.  I don't understand why some people have to do weeks of liquid diets before surgery.  The only day I have to go liquid is the day before surgery.
turnning_on_my_light
on 5/20/11 10:55 am - Canada
Hi my surgery date is June 3rd.

I started my liquid fast on the 18th....not easy...I hadn't realized how many emotions I have...food really is a tranquelizer of sorts.
Most Active