Hello all you June babies!

Bigasiangirl
on 5/16/11 5:36 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with

My surgery date is 06/01.  I've already started my pre-op diet... I'm lucky, my doc said just keep the calories under 1200 for two weeks. 

I'm totally looking forward to sharing and rejoicing together in our little victories along the way!

I'm getting the VSG.   What procedures are you guys going in for?

Kaysmommy
on 5/16/11 11:14 pm - Silver City, NM
Hi, and congrats on your surgery. I'm debating between RNY and VSG. I meet with my surgeon on Thursday to discuss what's best for me. I'm leaning toward RNY, and my ObGyn reccomends RNY for me to. I should be going sometime in June. I am excited to get going on our great journey.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Bigasiangirl
on 5/17/11 6:24 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with

RNY vs VSG, I'm totally curious why does your OBGYN recommend RNY? 

Kaysmommy
on 5/17/11 12:17 pm - Silver City, NM
My ObGyn thinks that either has good weight loss. But for people with PCOS who want to get pregnant they have had a better success rate in his office with RNY.
prairiedawn
on 5/17/11 2:38 am
My surgery date is also 6/1 although I am still trying to make sure insurance will be covering all the expenses.  Have you had your insurance clearance yet?

I look forward to sharing all the victories with all of you and hearing your stories!

I am also scheduled for the VSG. 

Has anyone tried the Isopure clear protein drinks?  Trying to find a good flavor..........

Bigasiangirl
on 5/17/11 6:27 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
Hi there PD,
I haven't tried very many clear protein drinks yet.  I'm on my pre-op diet and am chugging down Kellog's Chocloate Protein Shakes. 

Regarding insurance - yes, I have been completely cleared.  They actually called me four weeks ago to tell me I was approved, all I had to do was give them my surgery date.  I have United Healthcare thru my company.

Let's keep in touch and be surgery date buddies. 

prairiedawn
on 5/17/11 8:24 am
HI !

Would love to be surgery date buddies!!  I love the kellog's protein shakes but after surgery they say clear liquid protein and I hear they are so nasty tasting.

Glad you are all clear.  I have UHC also so I'm hoping I won't have any issues.  My doc doesn't think I will but I don't know why I am still waiting to hear........I got all my tests done and I spoke to the insurance company back in Jan and they said it is approved but we will see I guess.  So far I am set for June 1st.  How long did it take for your approval?  Did your doc submit something beforehand?  I put a call into the surgery coordinator today to make sure she has not hit any road blocks as of yet but so worried.  I am ready mentally for this surgery and if I get stalled by insurance, I will be so upset! 

How are you feeling about the whole thing?  Do you know anyone personally that has had the procedure?

Looking forward to many good stories! :)
PD
Bigasiangirl
on 5/18/11 1:23 am
VSG on 06/01/11 with
Hi there PD, my approval process took about 2-3 weeks and my doctor's office took care of everything!  I barely lifted a finger. 

I'm feel very positive about the entire thing.  I'm a little nervous but reading all these threads on OH has calmed me as well as inspire me.  I'm so grateful for this site!!

No, I don't know anyone personally that has done WLS.  I'm the biggest person I know within my circle of friends and family. 

Totally can't wait to share our stories!  I'll be looking for you every once and a while. 

Kaysmommy
on 5/17/11 6:43 am - Silver City, NM
I havent tried them yet, because I hear your taste will change so much after you have your new tummy. My local commissary carries 4 of the Isopure drinks, so I bought one of each to try after surgery.

My insurance is total coverage. We are military and going through a military hospital so I have no cost what so ever. I go for my seminar on Thursday, I'm so excited. You have to have insurance approval before going through the seminar, so it's a relief knowing I can go foward without those worries.
prairiedawn
on 5/17/11 9:04 am
I heard tastes change after surgery - boy do I look forward to that!!! 

I am excited for you that your insurance offers total coverage.  Mine is supposed to be that as well but I am still waiting for sure that I will have no worries... I attended the pre-surgery seminar last week and it was very informative.

Looking forward to hearing all about your progress!

Happy Thoughts!
PD
Most Active