Counting Down

kim_in_alabama
on 5/31/11 9:47 am
Ok yall June surgery babies.....I started the count down.  I'm suppose to start my pre-op diet on the 12th.  I have to have bllod work done on the 9th and register for my stay on that same day.

Boy tommorrow will be day 1 for me.  I was thinking of starting my pre-op on the 9th to get the three day of real tourure out of the way then it would be smooth sailing by day 12 when I'm suppose to start, I figure I'd get the *itch phase out at home so they work doesn't catch the all the hell. 

I've done liquid diet before and the 1st three days are a killer then after your body has detox from teh sugar and the CARBS I will be fine.

But if I start on the 1st by the time the surgery rolls around my liver will be normal size.

Any suggestions from you all?????

HW:306  SW:291  CW: 265  GW:165      
izari
on 5/31/11 10:17 am - Vallejo, CA
 That's good to hear!!! I was to have my surgery tomorron 6/1 but minor setback on Dr. part but I will be going in on 6/23 if not sooner.  I've already supplemented two of my meals with protein shakes and in 3 weeks I've lost 14lbs. 

My only suggestion is to start on the Protein shakes now so when those 1st 3days post op come around it wont be a killer.

Congrats!!!!!
Cheryl D.
on 6/9/11 4:34 pm - Wapakoneta, OH
RNY on 06/15/11 with
Just hang in there. I am on day 17 of my full liquid diet, and the last 3 days have been hard. My husband has been so nice to go out to eat (at one of our 5 daughters homes), then tonight, he goes in the kitchen and fries potatoes and eggs, with bacon.
I had to leave the house. Went for a walk around the block (which is a very big deal for me! I am generally anti-walking, but, to get ready for after surgery, have started walking short distances. The best part tonight was, I didn't even get short of breath. I haven't done that in over 5 years. Hang in there.

Most Active