Is it June 10th yet?

Erica77
on 6/5/11 8:24 am - MN
I'm SO ready for my sleeve!  This pre-op liquid diet is no fun.  I'm having head hunger issues like CRAZY!! I have taken to just hiding in the bedroom with my laptop and liquids most days.

I did go for a walk today for a hour and that helped a lot. 

There is still a bit to do before Friday, as far as house cleaning and organizing.

I have been watching old episodes of Scrubs on Netflix. I could tell you each and every piece of food I have seen while watching it.

I know Friday will be here before I know it. I just wanted to vent and keep myself busy for a few mins.

Any June surgeries want to friend me, please feel free.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

Tammy G.
on 6/5/11 8:42 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 Erica, I know what you mean----in one instance I think my date will never arrive and then in the next instant I'm thinking that everything is moving too fast!

If you need to talk, please don't hesitate to msg me.  We are going to do this, lose this weight and be happy!
Erica77
on 6/6/11 3:29 am - MN
Thanks Tammy!
therealleigh
on 6/5/11 9:54 am - Matthews, NC
I understand. I have not cooked any meals or cleaned up after them to avoid food. My husband and teenage daughters have been great. The first head hunger I have had was tonight when they were fixing dinner, the smell got to me. Garlic will do that. So I drank my drink, had a popsicle and watched Dr. Who. Then it passed. Only 8 more days.
Erica77
on 6/6/11 3:34 am - MN
I LOVE Dr Who!
Not much cooking going on here. No kids to worry about, my SO is trying to be very good about eating around me. Just my head I have to worry about.
Stacie P.
on 6/6/11 3:57 am - PA
See now, there is my big fear!!!! I have my husband and 2 sons to cook for. I may end up asking hubby to do the cooking so I don't have to put myself in the situation.
~Stacie  

princessfrogee
on 6/5/11 4:03 pm - AL
I was finding it easy to pre-prep for this until hubby came home on leave.  He is wanting all of his favorite foods that I cook as he is sick of chow hall foods.  Plus we have had a lot of company coming over or taking us out to eat to visit while he is home.  UGH!!  I kept telling myself to make good choices to get that mind ready to make these choices post-op but I didn't always succeed.    Luckily (sort of) , hubby goes back the week before my surgery and this will make the pre-op liquid diet a little easier....I hope!! 

I too have been "nesting" getting ready for the new "birth" day.  Trying to get house in order and organized and cleaned up ahead of time.  Been pre-freezing measured out broths, crystal lite, etc in ice cube trays and making sure I have a little of various things not knowing what I can tolerate post-op.  I have my mother and mother-in-law arguing over who will be here for me.  Frankly, I would relax more w/out either of them.  I have three kids that are more than capable of helping....so we will see how that goes.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
41andFabulous
on 6/9/11 1:24 am - Dallas, TX
One more day and you will be SLEEVED!

You made it and i could not be happier for you. Please keep me posted. My surgery is on the 20th and would love to hear your experience.

I will friend you so we can stay connected.

Thank You!

Most Active