Tomorrow is my surgery date! Very excited!

NextChapterPlease
on 6/6/11 4:48 am - CA
Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank each one of you on this message board for your support and guidance. From the first day I started my 14 day pre-op liquid diet, I have stayed connected to this board, my surgeons guidelines, taken in all I've heard.

14 days ago I started my 14 day ( liquid only 70 grams of protien per day) pre-op diet. The first three days were hard. My body was detoxing off of all the sugar, carbs and junk I had been putting into it. During those three days, I experienced headaches, moodiness, and fatigue. I posted how I felt in this forum, and I was met with so much love and advice. Thank you. The last two days I have been on clear liquids only, and today is bowel prep day in preparation for tomorrow. I am drinking as much water as I can, and resting.

I have to say, even when I didn't feel like it, I worked out each day at the gym, walking 3 miles a day and lifting weights. Days 4 through 12 went so quickly, and I have felt amazing. My skin and my eyes look better than ever! I've dropped so much weight in my face, and my clothes are loose. I'm curious to see how much I've lost when they weigh me tomorrow at the hospital.

I made a commitment when I started this process, that no matter what, I needed to make a lifestyle change and regardless of what my head told me, I needed to show up for myself, and take care of me. I have done just that, and here I am, day 14.... WOW... I am so grateful.

Tomorrow at this time of day, my surgery will have already been performed, and the nurses will hopefully be getting me up and walking around a little. I've researched this surgery and it took me two years to get my head where it needed to be. This surgey for me is a TOOL, to be used in conjunction with daily working out, and eating healthy. I've learned I use food as a buffer between me and my life. Once my liquid pre-op diet started, food was no longer an option. I could no longer CHEW my anger down, or eat bags and boxes of processed foods to calm me down, soothe me, put me to sleep, or console me. I am truly living outside of my comfort zone, and for once, I can say it feels good to FEEL.   

OK, so with all of that being said, I'm off to re-pack my hospital bag , making sure I have what I need for the next three days. Also, In my nutrition class @ the Doctors office, I met a friend who has been with me every step of the way. I believe God works through people, and he put her in my life. Each morning she sent me a text, cheered me on, talked me through whatever was going on. I am so fortunate to have such a soul in my corner. Her surgery is next week, and I will be able to be there for her, as she has been there for me. Ohhh, and the day after my surgery, there is a support meeting at the hospital, and I am hoping my nurse will allow me to go to the support meeting being held that evening.

I will post my hospital experience once I am up and able to and please say a prayer for me.  

Lots of HUGS. We are doing this together!!

Tammy G.
on 6/6/11 5:08 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 It sounds like you are in a great place!  Good luck on surgery tomorrow!
NextChapterPlease
on 6/6/11 5:10 am - CA
Thank you Tammy! I have really appreciated your posts and support. Tomorrow... OMG :)
lorindac
on 6/6/11 5:57 am - durham, NC
Congrats. I am so happy and excited for you. You said it correctly this is a tool to use to start a healthier lifestyle.
Stacie P.
on 6/6/11 6:17 am - PA
Congratulations and we all will be waiting to read about your experience when you post. My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. Good Luck!!!
~Stacie  

Erica77
on 6/6/11 6:45 am - MN
Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you!
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/6/11 9:20 am
Hoping for an uneventful surgery.  Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Winnie

LindaW70
on 6/7/11 12:02 am - Niagara Falls, NY
Hello ,  I wish you best of luck at surgery tomorrow as i also will be having surgery tomorrow by this time .  The liquid diet was a challenge for me the first 4 days too , detoxing also.  I found chewing jello helped with the mental need to chew also sugar free gum too. sounds weird  lol chewing jello ... but it helped. I also have found alot of support and answers to many questions on this site . Best wishes for a speedy recovery !!!!!!!!!!!!!
therealleigh
on 6/7/11 4:17 am - Matthews, NC
Thinking of you. Hope everything goes smoothly.
mlyssa971
on 6/7/11 5:54 am
Thinking of you. Praying for a speedy recovery! Your surgery should be done by now and you may be in your room already. Please let us know how you are as soon as you are able.
Most Active