Surgery Date 06/28/11 getting SCARED

ANewme_72
on 6/8/11 12:40 pm - Cincinnati, OH

I have been wantin this for awhile but the fact that i have my surgery date im starting to get a little scared

Erica77
on 6/8/11 1:16 pm - MN
Scared feelings are totally normal. I feel more nervous and scared because it is a surgery I decided to get. I have butterflies, and can't decided if it is nerves or excitement!
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

Elizam2010
on 6/9/11 7:48 am
I think I'm more anxious!  I can't wait to be post surgery and healed... I watched both of my parents go through the process and I'm just ready for the nexxt stage in my life without all the extra weight!  :-) I am however worried because my husband is deployed and we have an 8 month old.  :-/
jennifersmithee
on 6/9/11 2:38 pm - Farmers Branch, TX
I think that is just part of the process - getting scared and nervous.You will likely question your decision everyday until your surgery! Let yourself get scared, because that allows your to work through those feelings and address them and allows you to get the answers to your questions. Because what is fear if not for the element of the unknown?
I am only a week out, and I cannot say that I would do this over again. I had a difficult time with the pre-op liquid diet, problems with my hospital stay, I havent lost alot of weight like the others have and I am miserable BUT the surgery did what I wanted... I am not hungry at all. So for that I am grateful.
Embrace the fear, and conquer it. You will likely be fine. :)

Tracey W.
on 6/9/11 4:07 pm
I'm scared of complications, "the worst" and sticking to the life change. I'm also excited and very hopeful. I'm just trying to get myself as ready as possible. Peace and health all.
Trying to build a better life, one good choice at a time.  
"Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain."-Ruby Gettinger        
Most Active