Day 9 of Liquid Diet

therealleigh
on 6/8/11 10:41 am - Matthews, NC

It amazes me how it is not bothering me to be on the liquid diet anymore.  The three protein drinks do fine for me, especially if I have them spaced 4 hours apart. Like 8 12 and 4 or 5.  I drink water and love the sf popsicles.  I have found that broth from strained soups are much better than the plain chicken or beef broth.  I get the healthy choice light ones. Only five more days of it then my surgery.  I am getting more excited.

Tomorrow is my preop appointment at the hospital for anethesia.  After that it is only time until the day. 

kathict
on 6/8/11 11:18 am - West Haven, CT
So glad you are doing good. Two more days until I do clear liquids for three days. We will be so ready. :)
41andFabulous
on 6/9/11 12:57 am - Dallas, TX
Congratulations! I admire your strength. My doctor requires clear liquids only the day before surgery.

Question: What did you do after 5? Did the popsicles provide the satisfaction?

I am thinking of doing a liquid only over the weekend and want some tips.

Thank You!

blueyegirl30
on 6/9/11 1:35 am
Thank you so much for posting this. Today is my first day on liquid diet. my surgery is in one week. so a week of this shouldnt be that bad right lol. You have given me hope thankyou. Good luck on ur surgery.

therealleigh
on 6/9/11 2:38 am - Matthews, NC
After five I would drink water, sf popsicle or broth. At first when you start you need more after a few days your stomach has shrunk and you need less. I do go to bed a little earlier than normal. Oh and on the sf Popsicles I get the popsicle brand they have more flavor and are more satisfying. I had gotten the budget ones at walmart cause they had more choices but they are not as satisfying.

Also my stomach really starts growling 30 minutes prior to my protein drink. At first it growled all day. I guess I just did not think it would be this smooth especially when I started on the liquid diet.
Most Active