I have my sleeve now!

41andFabulous
on 6/22/11 11:24 am - Dallas, TX
People -- All I can say is Day 1 was miserable, Day 2 was improved just gassy slept better in my own bed. Now day 3 I am weak. I am struggling to drink and know for sure I am not getting any protein, I hate the taste now. I am praying day 4 will be better. Please keep me in your prayers. Any tips for getting my protein to taste better? Thanks much.
princessfrogee
on 6/24/11 1:18 pm - AL
I got home yesterday and have found that things that tasted ok before surgery definitely taste different now.  My Proten2Go that I got to add to my water to help in the beginning to get in my protein tastes like I am drinking my multi vitamin.  It didn't taste like that before to me. UGH! 

It took me from about 10 a.m this morning to almost 4 pm to get down an 11 oz Premier shake.  It still tastes good and I am ok with that, but not sure how to get the rest of the protein and fluids in as I feel full as a tic!!  But I am just gonna take it one day at a time.  I got in 30g protein and will sip on my water until I go to bed and through the night so baby steps is best. 

Not sure about your Dr, mine said it is ok to do SF pudding, creme soups, etc so if yours ok'd that, maybe try yogurt as it has some protein in it.  Just dont eat the fruit chunks yet.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active