how are me suppose to take all these medications?

dancandie
on 7/2/11 10:48 am - NC
I have 3 different pills (nonchewable) and I am still on a liquid diet.  How do I take all these?  Do you guys crush them or just take them as they are.  Please give me some input?  Hope everyone is doing well. 

CScott0925
on 7/2/11 10:28 pm
I take Levothyroid, which is small to begin with, but I break it in half. Have you talked to your prescribing physician or pharmacist about options? Some drugs cannot be split or crushed without compromising the integrity of the medication. Hope that helps!

Carrie

Tammy G.
on 7/3/11 11:20 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
My surgeon told me to use a pill cutter on larger pills. Everything else I take just as before surgery. I am on a LOT of medications and thought I would have to crush them. Not so. I was crushing my Loratabs and he told me to stop, that it wasn't necessary.

I take Loratab 10/500 (split in two)
Hypertension med (capsule, whole)
Thyroid (tablet, whole)
Xanax (tablet, whole)
Visteril (capsule, whole)
Vitamins-chewable

Distal RNY 6/11 SW 456  CW 311 Complications: Small bowel strangulation 12/23/2012, non healing surgical incision--ongoing.  Still.

dancandie
on 7/3/11 11:53 am - NC
Thanks for the input ....I sort of went off the deep end yesterday, but I am getting back on track. 

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/11 11:21 pm
I take a few also. I just take them slowly and one at a time.

I did have an issue with a capsul last night. I took it and didn't wait to begin eating. It hurt a lot. Felt like I was shoving something much bigger down there lol. Won't do that again!

Angela
Most Active