1 month mark

mlyssa971
on 7/20/11 8:40 am
Today was one month since my surgery. It has been a journey. Today my G-tube was removed. It was painess and man I was glad to see it gone. They said 3-5 days and the wound will be healed. I am doing well. eating  a variaty of things. the easiest so far is grits and scrambled eggs. I can even eat a strip of crisp fried bacon. I can not tolerate ground beef. tho I eat a little tender ribeye steak or a bacon wrapped tenderloin. Beans are bad. make me sick sick sick. I avoid them at all cost. Protein powder and my stomach do not like each other. I got the plain flavorless one and mix it with soup or grits but Im not getting as much as I should. I have lost a total of 42 lbs and I am getting more exercise now. My husband and I walk and I have 5lb weights I use to try to help with the wings under my arms. I can see the old me in the mirror. the one before I became a round blob. It was a rough road but I know it was worth it. I am looking forward to enjoying my life again. God Bless you all and may your journey take you where you want to be in life.

princessfrogee
on 7/26/11 3:58 am - AL
Good to hear you are doing so good!  My Dr let me go on soft foods at 2 wks then said as long as I tolerated those I could slowly add in other foods as tolerated.  So far I have tolerated everything or if I felt uncomfortable after a few bites of something I just stopped eating it and didn't fini****  I have only been sick twice since surgery and I am pretty sure both were due to not chewing the food well enough and/or eating too fast.

I wonder now if I had stuck with the plan the Dr has printed in his booklet he gave me vs. what he told me at my one wk post-op if I may have lost more weight sooner.  But I am at 5 wks now and have lost 42 lbs.  I see the most difference in the inches as I measure myself each week.  Pre-op was in size 26/28 pants and now can wear 24's.

Had planned on starting more exercise this wk now that the burning in lower left abdomen finally stopped, but due to some issues w/my disabled SIL that lives w/us I haven't been sleeping well and this past week had been a busy week for me so sadly, have not made it to my eliptical yet, but hope to do so soon.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
mlyssa971
on 7/27/11 7:35 am
I am glad to hear that you are doing well also. I didn't have the burning in my abdomen but in my left leg. It still does and I hate it. I take ambien to help me sleep sometimes. Have you tried that?

princessfrogee
on 7/27/11 12:35 pm - AL
Ha!  I wish I could!  The no sleeping is because my SIL only sleeps about 3-4 hours a night and tries to roam the house and pilfer through the cabinets and fridge once everyone is asleep and I have to keep getting up to put her back to bed.  They put her on some new meds this week so I am hoping that helps!

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
mlyssa971
on 7/28/11 7:02 am
Oh I see. In that case maybe you should slip her the ambien. After checking with her dr that it won't hurt her of course. Then you could rest because it helps you sleep a full 8 hrs. 

Most Active