Anyone Starting Solids This Week? What are you Eating?

Rachael Richardson
on 7/27/11 12:47 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with
I was give the ok to stop mushy diet and begin solids tomorrow...anyone else started solids yet?  I was told not to introduce to many new foods at once. I am scared because I do not want to screw anything up and upset my pouch.  I have been wanting to try fresh cherries because they are in season.  What did you start with when you began solids? 
purplepeace79
on 7/28/11 1:34 am - Bronx, NY
 I've been eating solids for about 2 weeks now. Honestly, I'm boring lol

I made a big pot of curried chicken and chick peas and got 16 3 oz servings out of it. I measure them out in 3oz dixie cups and freeze them. When I go to eat them, I only eat about 2oz. I eat slow, chew everything up until mushy and swallow. I've learned to recognize what full is. When I hiccup or feel the food in my chest, I've eaten way too much, so I dont go that far.

My NUT told me I wasnt getting enough fat or fiber so she told me to eat more greens. I eat collard greens and cooked spinach now. I switched from skim milk to 2% for my protein shakes. 

One scrambled egg with shredded cheese, salsa, and a touch of hummus is a GREAT breakfast. I dont always finish the whole thing. I'm still eating greek yogurt too. I really don't eat a lot. I focus on protein shakes and water/powerade.

The key is not to force yourself to eat.
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

Mia H.
on 7/31/11 4:43 am - OH
 I have been on soft foods since day 5.  Do try one thing at a time in the beginning, because what you may have been able to eat before you may not know.  Keep it simple in the beginning as well till you get an idea of what you can and cannot eat.  As for fresh fruits and veggies, it's not allowed for me until at least end of August.

lisaj803
on 8/6/11 12:15 am
I am able to eat chili, chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon.  I have been eating soft cooked vegetables as well like broccoli and potatoes, carrots and green beans.  I just make sure that I chew everything very well.  My nutritionist says to chew 30 times or to the consistancy of apple sauce.  I also only try one new thing per day so that if I get sick I know what food caused me to ge sick.  I hope this helps.

Lisa
Most Active