How is everyone doing?

Dreamingofbeaches
on 6/18/14 4:33 am
with

I thought I would start a new thread because for some reason I keep getting confused in the other one.  LOL.  How is everyone doing?  I am on day 2 of the 14 day pre-op diet.  So far so good.  I was hungry last night, which is the time of day I am more hungry in general.  I was bad and ate a couple nuts.  =(  I still had a couple hundred calories left for the day, so I didn't go over on my calories or carbs (and carbs important for the liver shrinkage portion), but I was irritated at myself. I should have just made another shake, because I still had one coming for the day.  After I ate the nuts I rushed off to bed early instead.  Can't be hungry if I am sleeping, right?!  Of course I flipped and flopped for hours, even though I was actually tired. 

I hope everyone is doing well!  We are getting closer and closer!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

MsShawna
on 6/21/14 2:03 pm - OH
Revision on 05/01/17

Hi dreamingofbeaches I am OK I will be joining you Thursday on the liquid diet.

Amy K.
on 6/22/14 1:27 am - Tucson, AZ

Hi, I'm new to this board and have a surgery date of July 1 - only 8 days away and am on day 3 of the liquid diet.  There was some confusion as to the date to start the post-op liquid diet.  Dietician told me 10 days, but nurse said 14 after the 14-day mark had passed. OH well, I'm on it now and doing o-k-a-y. I figure after today it will be somewhat of a habit and I wont be craving the other things. 

Krisgwinn
on 6/22/14 4:55 am
RNY on 07/01/14 with

Hi!  My surgery is also July 1st, but I only have to do 3 days of liquid diet (starting next Saturday).  Everything is set and ready to so and I am so ready!!  Got the approval letter from insurance that it's a go, and that really made it sink in!  Good luck to you all!!

kkm727
on 6/23/14 11:02 am
with

Hi!  I will be joining you on Wednesday on my two week pre-op diet.  I am scheduled for my sleeve on July 9th.  Very exciting times!!

CdngirlinNC
on 6/24/14 6:34 am

Good idea on starting the new thread!  I am also on day 2 of the pre-op diet.  I'm curious about your guidelines for the diet.  What are your carb and protein limits?  Mine are 40 to 50 grams carbs and 70 to 100 grams protein.  No calorie limits although the protein and carb limits pretty much keep calories under control.  There are a few more specifics (i.e.. no caffeine - BUMMER!) but it looks like it's basically high protein, low carb.

VSG 07/07/14

kkm727
on 6/25/14 3:08 pm
with

I can have 3 protein shakes (I am drinking Premier Protein from Costco, 30 grams of protein each)  + a 380 calorie meal.  Frozen entrees like Smart Ones are what is suggested.  Or I can have 4 shakes + 230 calorie meal.  So far after day 1, the toughest part was not eating when cooking for my family.  I need to lose 10 pounds before surgery or else she won't do the surgery.  My protocol seems much easier to follow, than yours.  I have things pretty much laid out for me.  I hope this helps. 

Dreamingofbeaches
on 6/26/14 7:33 am
with

I have the same pre-op diet as KKM...Are you in Washington??  3-4 shakes and a frozen dinner (such as lean cuisine), total of 870 calories per day.  Works out fairly low carb and high protein.  I'm on day 10 now.  It has been fine since day 6, that was the turning point.  Getting nervous and excited for July 1st!!

-Jen

kkm727
on 6/27/14 7:08 am
with

I am in Washington.  Mukilteo to be specific.  I go to Northwest Weight Loss Center.  My surgeon is Dr. Chock.

Dreamingofbeaches
on 6/27/14 1:59 pm
with

Me too!  Except I picked Dr. Michaelson. Congrats!

-Jen

Most Active