OMG! My surgery date is August 9th!

writingmom72
on 7/4/11 12:33 am - NC
Hello everyone. I don't believe I've ever posted here although I read posts quite often. I started my weight loss journey in December 2009 when I went to the required seminar. Since then, it seems like every obstacle that could possibly get in the way has, (no money for the program fee, original insurance denying surgery and then no longer covering bariatric surgery, etc, etc.) but I have knocked all those obstacles out of my way and my surgery will be on August 9th. I'm having the duodenal switch, and it's amazing how many people I meet that have had some form of weight loss surgery but haven't heard of this surgery. I'm feeling both nervous and excited and I can't wait for my new life to begin. If anyone who has had the DS (especially one of Dr. Voellinger's patient's) I would greatly appreciate any advice or feedback. Actually, feedback is welcome by ANYONE, so please don't hesitate to respond. Thanks!!!

Stacy in NC
SanGambler
on 7/6/11 12:38 am - St Cloud, FL
 Good Luck to you Stacy still waiting for a date I'm kinda falling in to the August month as this month came in and I still have a two week deal with everything...Sandy
jenysez1
on 7/6/11 9:24 am - LA
Good Luck, I go on the 11th of August.

Jenny

SanGambler
on 7/7/11 7:32 am - St Cloud, FL
writingmom72
on 7/12/11 6:35 am - NC
Yeah, now you see how I feel, huh? LOL. Good luck. I hope everything goes well for you.
SanGambler
on 7/18/11 10:18 pm - St Cloud, FL
 they changed my date to the 1st of August wow I am every mood you can think 
writingmom72
on 7/18/11 10:23 pm - NC
Oh my. I suppose I'd be feeling the same way. You're going to be fine, though. You're going to be starting a new life, so hopefully the good feelings outweigh the bad. Which surgery are you  having? Are you on a liquid diet? I've got to start one next week, and I'm actually looking forward to it.

Stacy
monicapena
on 7/11/11 11:58 pm - OH
Isnt it something all you have to go through. But you did it and now your here.  I just got my date set for August 12th so I understand  the feelings your having, (nervous and excited).  So good luck to you. Take care

Monica in OH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Eetore, are you around?
Jennifer D. · 0 replies · 665 views
Healing Process
jennifer W. · 2 replies · 1047 views
Surgery Date Next Monday!
emma M. · 1 replies · 950 views