August 9th...clear liquids for me!

youjustwatchmechang
e

on 8/6/11 7:12 pm - GA
So today (sunday) is the first day of my two day clear liquid pre-op diet. good times. 

i'm nervous. excited. i imagine im going to be cranky. the 2nd day i have to take this antibiotic that i'm told will make me nauseous and have to take some milk of magnesia...yay self-induced stomach flu symptoms lol.

butterflyness
on 8/7/11 11:09 am - KS
Man i wish i only had to do 2 days.  I had to do 14.  My surgery is also on august 9th at 7:30am, have to be there at 5:30am.  Keep me updated ok, would love to know there's another person going in the exact same day as me.  Good luck!!
youjustwatchmechang
e

on 8/7/11 11:28 am - GA
 you had to do two weeks of nothing but clear liquids? i thought that is what i was going to have to do but my doc said it was only two days. but jello/broth/juice for 2 weeks? omg. 

although i am not hatin on the broth cuz i just had some for the first time and it is the most yummy thing ever in my life. 

Visit my blog at www.youjustwatchmechange.com    
butterflyness
on 8/7/11 11:32 am - KS
Yep 14 days.  I'd be lying if i said i stuck to it 100% cause i surely didn't.  But i just had some vegetable broth.  tomorrow prolly chicken.  beef is disgusting.  i am actually tired of broth.  i HATE jello, and popsicles are just too cold, but the fudgesicles are good
youjustwatchmechang
e

on 8/7/11 12:53 pm - GA
 you can have milk/milk solids? 

i totally can't have even nondairy creamer. stupid...diet. 

lol 

i am NOT enjoying this part of the process. BUT only a dayish left! woot!

tamtully71
on 8/10/11 7:41 am
I just started my liquid diet yesterday and it is for 7 days......my surgery is on the 16th... it is not too bad so far but I am trying to stay busy and sleep as much as possible lol!!!!
youjustwatchmechang
e

on 8/14/11 8:44 am - GA
 i TOTALLY slept as much as i could lol 
youjustwatchmechang
e

on 8/14/11 8:45 am - GA
 how is life since the "cut and paste"?

PeaceInTheValley32
on 8/21/11 12:24 am - MA
My 14 days was up yesterday and I had very little food and lots of protein shakes!! I had a serving of fruit, vegetable and a starch along with the shakes in between. I've lost more weight during this time, not sure how much I weigh now but I started the liquid diet at 283 lbs! Monday is my big day at 1:00 pm!
PeaceInTheValley32
on 8/21/11 12:27 am - MA
Oh and by the way today is my clear liquid diet with the Magnesium Citrate!.......
Most Active
Recent Topics
Eetore, are you around?
Jennifer D. · 0 replies · 661 views
Healing Process
jennifer W. · 2 replies · 1044 views
Surgery Date Next Monday!
emma M. · 1 replies · 943 views