Recent Posts

jennifer W.
on 9/9/11 6:57 am
Topic: Healing Process
My surgery was Aug 29. I'm always tired, emotional and have some pain. Fortunately I've not had complications. Hows everyone else healing?
 HW: 365  SW: 342  CW: 182

Inch by Inch's Life's a Cinch, Yard by Yard, Life's Hard - Dr.
Madden
Lorihere
on 9/5/11 8:30 am - Sacramento, CA
Topic: RE: Today is my surgery day!
 Hi Nicole,

I had surgery two days before you did.  How did it go?
asweetiepye
on 9/2/11 10:54 am
Topic: RE: My date with destiny is 8-11-11
My VSG was 8/11/11 as well.
Kimchi829
on 9/1/11 1:47 am - PA
Topic: RE: August 29 Surgery
Hi Michele, doing better each day.  I can't believe you had to postpone, but I understand the work thing completely. It was a struggle Monday, but I went home Tuesday and today I am feeling better. Had issues with meds in the hospitalm but since I'm home all has been getting better. Glad I did it, now it's time to watch the pounds melt away.  Good luck on the new job.  Keep us posted to when you get your surgery.
Kim

Whitney1965
on 8/31/11 6:57 am - OH
Hi Michelle!  I had my surgery on 8/29 as well and came home today.  My surgery was at the Barix Clinic in Groveport OH.  I'm doing great so far (knock on wood).  How did it go for you?
michellercollins
on 8/30/11 8:27 pm - VA
 So how did it go, ladies?
Michelle
Susan Q.
on 8/30/11 5:54 am - Brownwood, TX
Topic: RE: Surgery date is August 30th. TUESDAY!
  I am w ya gal pal!! just had my surg on 8/22/11 lost 13 lbs already.  then again drinking liquids will do that lolol but u will do great!!!!! do not get active to soon and take ur vitimins. my friend lost her hair by not taking vit.  

HERE is to a NEW U!!!!!!! 

SZQ
April A.
on 8/29/11 5:57 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery date is August 30th. TUESDAY!
good luck today! Mine is today too. I'm nervous, can't sleep, but so ready for this!
youjustwatchmechang
e

on 8/29/11 12:53 pm - GA
Topic: RE: August 9th was the day - now on to healing!
 before i had surgery i was doing the protein shakes too to try to lose some weight pre-op and so now it is just TOO LONG! i never thought i would say that i was tired of something that tastes sorta like a chocolate shake. i'm gonna have to brew some coffee becuase even with being ablet to eat soft foods starting tomorrow (YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!) i am gonna need protein shakes to get my protein in for the day. i am supposed to get 80 in a day but read some posts yesterday and people were saying that the more protein they had daily the more weight they lost. i did just look at a can of tuna packed in water and it has 26 grams of protein for the whole can and only 120 calories...so im thinking im gonna be investing in some tuna over the next few days! i looked at the carnation instant breakfast but i must not have seen SF cause i just remember reading the sugars and putting it down before just holding the box made my blood sugar jump :)

my cat is startled by things like me moving my chair or a shadow but alarms? she will just stare at them. she is a STRANGE cat :)
Audi5000
on 8/29/11 12:15 pm
Topic: RE: August 9th was the day - now on to healing!
I agree - protein shakes are not my friend.  I think its something about the artificial sweetener smell...like sugar alcohols or something.  I have had okay success with SF Carnation Instant Breakfast- its not as bad.  I have also done okay with protein shakes that I add a little instant coffee to cover the weird taste/smell...when I MUST drink one.  I would like to be able to just pop a protein pill...

Are you sure your cat won't mind?  I have two that would jump out of their fur at an alarm.  Of course, that could be part of the entertainment needed in healing!

My Macronutrient Breakdown

Daily Average for the Last 30 Days
This content requires the Adobe Flash Player. Get Flash
Like this widget? Get your own at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Eetore, are you around?
Jennifer D. · 0 replies · 665 views
Healing Process
jennifer W. · 2 replies · 1047 views
Surgery Date Next Monday!
emma M. · 1 replies · 950 views