Getting back on track

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/09 4:52 am
I had surgery September 15, 2008 and I have lost 154 lbs and went below my goal weight. And I am thrilled. However... I feel like I am starting to get off track. I find myself tasting things I shouldn't. And eating carbs at times.. I don't want to undo all I have worked so hard to accomplish.

Anyone have any advice to help me get back on track or get demotivated?
John W.
on 1/1/10 8:43 am - Near Topeka, KS

I hear the call Amanda. I'm inviting you to a little group to help those (yes, including myself) who have gained 10 or more pounds beyond that lowest weight. We are calling it the "Drop 10 for 10 Challenge". You can easily join this group by going to www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410. I'm hoping that with your help we can generate a little excitement and enthusiasm for getting back on track. We will have a monthly weighin, but it will only be pounds off since the start of the new 2010 decade. Your participation is only what you want to make it. I'm pumped up and ready to get back on track for 2010.

There are no hard and fast rules for joining, but you really should be at least 10 pounds above your lowest post-surgery weight and interested in getting things back in line.

Let's get this new decade off to a great start.

John Wurm

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

tusun50374
on 1/5/10 4:56 am

I HAVEN'T REACHED GOAL YET (10 LBS), BUT I AM TERRIFIED OF WHAT YOU ARE EXPERIENCING RIGHT NOW.  I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.  GOOD LUCK TO YOU..................

mst42
on 1/24/10 9:27 am - Ithaca, NY
I too feel like I am veering off into bad behavior.  I am not sure how much "tasting" is ok long term.  My weight varies by 8lbs, not sure if that is ok either.  This phase is nearly as scary as immediately post-operatively . . . .

(deactivated member)
on 1/24/10 9:52 am
I was told that you will vary by 10 lbs either way. Right. I feel just as scared now as I did when I first faced this if not more so. Knowing I can tolerate more and hold more is scary enough. And now that I stopped losing and weight back and forth makes me nervious. I sure don't want to go back where I came from. I think about it everyday.

mst42
on 1/24/10 10:20 am - Ithaca, NY
I track my weight and food everyday.  My big problem is recreational eating.  I now know I eat when stressed but most of my bad behavior is from recreational grazing.  The home environment is less strict too.  I guess as long as we keep track; we won't veer too far off course.

Crysti S.
on 1/27/10 5:37 am
I haven't made it to "goal" yet, but have been happy with where I am.  I have maintained for many many months now and just this week started gaining, I'm up 5lbs now and am freaking out. 

I know I haven't been following the plan but it didn't seem to bother anything, so I haven't been trying really.  But NOW, I'm paying for it and am scared!

I'm starting my Daily Plate again and am going to start walking again and watching what I eat.

It's hard right now, so scared of gaining that 90+ back!!
Highest: 245 / Surg Day: 233 / Now: 166 / Dr's Goal: 130

Most Active
Recent Topics
Where I Am Today!!!!!!!!!
tusun50374 · 0 replies · 749 views
Happy Anniversary to Me!
cpcampbell · 1 replies · 949 views
Soon To be 6 Years!
cpcampbell · 3 replies · 1114 views
Soon to be 5 Yrs.....
tusun50374 · 6 replies · 1275 views