How are we doing nearly 3 yrs later

tusun50374
on 7/29/11 8:25 am
For me it will be 3 yrs on Sept 18, 2008.  It has been a most positive experience that yielded awesome results and not only transformed my body but my life too!

At 350 Lbs, I did not have the ability to do anything except go to work and come home.  Even if I did have the ability I did not have any desire to do anything at all.  At 350 LBs I could barely walk.  I had to be careful about what chairs I sat in because I couldn't get up off low chairs, or chairs without armrest.  I could not tie or buckle my shoes.  When I fell I could not get up, my feet were swollen most of the time.  I could not do grocery shopping because I did not have the endurance or stamina to go up and down the aisle. 

I could just go on and on and on, but I think you get the point.  Well today, I can do just about anything I want to do.  I look and feel great and I am no longer a prisoner in my home.  This surgery "is" truly a lifesaver for me and I thank God for making it possible.

Height 5' 9"
SW 350
GW 170
CW 148
Janice D.
on 8/9/11 1:56 am - Roanoke Rapids, NC
My surgery was September 18, 2008, as well, and I have been very pleased.  On the date of my procedure, I weighed 341 pounds after a high of around 368.  I had very few problems with the surgery and afterwards even though I was 54 years old and had a ton of medical problems.  I now weigh between 162-166 pounds depending of so many factors, mostly how well I have monitored what I am eating.  I track everything on FatSecret.com and that helps a lot.  All my medical problems have been 'cured' except for the thyroid problems.  I guess I will take Synthroid for the rest of my life which just might be longer than before, thanks to the surgery and my results.  Thank you, Dr. Kenneth MacDonald of Greenville, NC.  Janice Dickerson
tusun50374
on 8/9/11 2:34 am
Hi Janice,
Thank you for your post, seems like we have a lot in common.  I use a website called mycalroie_counter.com, it has been a tremendous help to me during my weight loss journey and I am trying to get back into for my maintainenance.  God has  blessed both of us and may we continue to be blessed.
Janice D.
on 8/9/11 4:24 am - Roanoke Rapids, NC
I agree completely and good luck to us both.  Janice
tusun50374
on 9/3/11 1:27 am

My weight has remained between 146 to 148 since last summer.  Recently I quit smoking (for the 1000th) time and my weight jumped up, seems like overnight to mid 150's.  With that said I understand your concern.  Scarey, scarey, scarey! 

I told myself that I would not allow my weight to go above 150.  Soooooooooo, I am back on my post surgery plan to get back to my fighting weight.  No, it's not a big deal (I'm 5'9") but I know from my history that 5 lbs can turn into 15 lbs and on and on and on, so I am taking this seriously and handling my business now.  Plus I have some upcoming events where food is crazy plentiful so I need to get this off to get my leeway back, but I will update you by the end of the month.

Good luck to you too......

Surgery Weight 350
Goal weight   170
Lowest weight 147
Current Weight 155 ugh!

mst42
on 9/2/11 9:29 pm - Ithaca, NY
Hard to believe it has been 3 years (9/5/08).  I started at 321 with a low after plastic surgery in the 140's.  I am hovering in the mid 150's 6 months later.  Hopefully, I am not slowly gaining.  I weigh myself frequently and still try to track my food daily.  I have a lot of new favorite foods - yogurt, cottage cheese, protein drink in coffee.  I hike frequently.  Try to ride my horse a 4-5 times per week.  Nothing physical is hard now.  I did want the sweating to go away - not as bad - but still an excessive sweater. I seem to be able to eat "normal" people portions and am pleasantly surprised when my pouch works. I do need to watch stress eating - pick, pick, pick is bad.  I was really worried pre-operatively that I would feel deprived - totally don't!

mom2jakeandmaddie
on 9/9/11 7:10 am - Hendersonville, TN
It's so hard to beleive it's been 3yrs.  In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like a lifetime ago.  I started at 267 and hit a low of 132 at my 1st year....that was a little small for me so now I hover between 138-148 and am happy. 
I've had a few complications but those little things do not even compare to the whole lot of wonderful that has come into my life since WLS.  I thank GOD for this opportunity!!

Jen
Jennifer
HW/SW/CW/GW 267/253/138/145 
tusun50374
on 9/9/11 8:29 am

You look gorgeous and how tall are you. By the way you are correct because God is the one to thank. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Where I Am Today!!!!!!!!!
tusun50374 · 0 replies · 756 views
Happy Anniversary to Me!
cpcampbell · 1 replies · 954 views
Soon To be 6 Years!
cpcampbell · 3 replies · 1118 views
Soon to be 5 Yrs.....
tusun50374 · 6 replies · 1279 views