Pedometer

Tige-Girl
on 4/5/11 12:08 pm - Canada
How many "steps" does the clinic recommend?Is it different for everyone depending on their ability? Someone mentioned 10,000...... I just want to know how I'm doing comparatively so that I can see if I'm doing ok or not.Today so far I'm at 7,626.......
Kelly-AnneH
on 4/5/11 1:20 pm, edited 4/5/11 8:22 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
They want you to wear it every day and gradually increase your steps from wherever you are. t my intake 6 weeks ago I was averaging 3000-3500 steps plus aquasize 3 days a week. (you can have step credit for other exercise - my class is worth about 5000 if I don't spend too much time chatting) I'm averaging about 4500-5000 now besides my class.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Tige-Girl
on 4/5/11 1:42 pm - Canada
Thanks Kelley-Anne! Are you back from the Maritimes? I hope you had a wonderful trip if you are back! It's interesting that you mention the aquasize,, I JUST checked the local leisure center and figured out I can fit in 2 Deep Water classes a week! Looks like you are doing great with your activity, i hope I can be as good! Thanks for your input!
Kelly-AnneH
on 4/5/11 11:54 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I'm in Halifax at the mo, waiting to board the jet that'll bring me home, with a 40 minute biffy break in Toronto. The flight from Freddie to here was on a wee puddle-jumper. A bit cozy, but a reasonably smooth flight. I have a packed lunch and am spending my layovers walking, hoping to have a decent weigh-in with Janine tomorrow.

Friday I see a physiotherapist (Pat) and will find out if there are exercises that'll help the pain in my hips and numbness in my legs - and if a bike is a possibility for me. If so, I'll be bike shopping next week!

I know I have months of waiting ahead of me IF I'm approved for surgery, so I'm redeeming the time and working toward being as healthy as possible. I made my goal of slipping under 270 before this trip out. Melina invited my husband and me to come back out in late July, so I've set myself a new goal of under 250. I may not make it, but it won't be for lack of trying.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Tige-Girl
on 4/6/11 12:16 am - Canada
Glad your going to be in our neck of the woods again! I've missed your posts! I hope you had a great time with family though, that's so important! I tried bike riding last summer but "it hurt me arse!" If you do get a bike, make sure you try different seats as the biking per say didn't bother me but I couldn't sit on the seat after the first few minutes and had to kinda stand to bike....enoy the airport walking, great for people watching!
Most Active