Weight Maintainence

Relene
on 5/4/11 2:33 am - Irma, Alberta, Canada
So at my appointment yesterday Erin ande Jina said it is time for me to maintain as I have gone 20% farther than they expected.  I am not ready to be done.  I am still over 200lbs.  I want to reach 140, but I would be happy with 170.  I told Jina Ièm not ready to be done and she said iuf I lose any more I will become deficient.  So how do people at normal weight manage their health?  I want to be healthy and the number doesn't matter so much but stopping at this weight was never in my plan, and they knew that before surgery.  Also Jina was concerned that I rarely feel hunger.  I thought that was normal with the sleeve?  Anyone have input????

HW 370  Pre-op weight 297 CW191.0  updated June 26/11

Keelan
on 5/4/11 1:37 pm
Jina is also my nurse and at 177 i've loss 72% of my initial weight and she wants me to stop losing and maintaine. I nicely told her that I'm not ready and that when I was I'd discuss with her and Sherry on methods I can use to maintain. She talked about getting plastics and how you can lose more weight with the skin removal and I understand all that but i think I'd still like to attemp my goal of 140.
Also at 7 months out I still don't get hungry and for me thats a good thing. I hope it never comes back.
You;ve done amazing. You must be so proud.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Silk911
on 5/5/11 1:40 am

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem... but it's my family that is telling me to stop.... I don't WANNA stop... I'm not addicted to weight loss... or have a blip in the brain that makes me stupid.... I just want to be NORMAL... whatever normal is....

I like the weight that I'm at now... but it's not enough... I've lost almost  100% of my excess weight... I really want to see 170 lbs (I've revised my goal to appease my family) so i only have about 20 lbs to go...

I'm 9 months out of surgery, I feel FANTASTIC. I know I look better than I did (if that makes any difference) I was on 4 different meds for diabetes (including insulin) but that's all gone now. I was taking 2 different meds for Hypertension, but that's all gone now... Gone too is the cholesteral meds... I feel like a Million Bucks... but I really want that number... hopefully I can get there in a few months... then spend my summer learning how to stop loosing weight... lol..

For the FIRST time in my life... I'm taking control of myself... doing what I want to do... becoming the person that was trapped inside an almost 400 lbs body... I have emerged like a butterfly out of a cocoon. I was always there but trapped... This is completely liberating...
I agree... sustainable weight loss is a really good thing.... but damn it... we have worked so hard at loosing the weight... we should be able to try to loose as much as possible as long as we're healthy... we really shouldn't be told to stop until we're ready to stop... even if it means that we'll gain a little bit back when we start to maintain...

I'm at a weight now that I haven't seen since I was younger than 12 years old!! I'm 46 now... WOW!!! I just realized how amazing that statement feels... whew!!!

So many amazing things have happened in the last two years that I'm still trying to take it all in... All I keep saying is .... I must be blessed!!! I accept that the professionals at the Weight Wise are the tops in their field... but damn it... I'm not done!!!

Melody

Relene
on 5/7/11 8:56 am - Irma, Alberta, Canada
Thank you for this.  I am going to continue on the path I am on.  Myu weight loss is slow...1-2lbs a week and I am happy.  I feel terrific.  My levels were all fine and I am able to live my life happily for the first time I can remember, so as long as I'm healthy I'm going to continue.  I appreciate your replies:)

HW 370  Pre-op weight 297 CW191.0  updated June 26/11

Most Active