WHAT HAVE I DONE TO MYSELF.....HELP

bonnietuck
on 5/7/11 2:09 pm - Canada
really wondering what have i done to myself. please help, i know its gonna get better but in how long. had my surgery may 3, dr. birch said it went awesome. went home today and i feel like crap. they sent me home with liquid codeine and wi**** was something stonger. at least then i would move more. my tummy is hard as a rock and feels like it is going to fall out of me. it hurts to move, i know move more but kinda hard. really wondering what have i done to myself. how long is this feeling going to last. thankful dr. birch and his team were all fabulous caring people not to mention excellent surgons, really thankful of the whole weight wise program, but really expected pain  this much.....any comments and timeline will be helpful......oh i want this to go away  really hungry but the though of food makes me wanna gag, but hungry
Keelan
on 5/7/11 3:33 pm
It will get better but it takes time. I didn't leave the hospital until day 5 and I also had the liquid codeine, it said to take 6 ml on the prescription and to measure it in the dropper that the pharmacist gave me but there were times I had to up it a little on my own or take it more frequent.
I was lucky and never felt hungry and still don't.
I moved as much as I could and I drank as much as I could but for the most part I slept, the more sleep I got the better I felt.
Just trust that you have made the right decision and each day you'll notice little changes all for the better.
Take Care,
Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

ToDream
on 5/8/11 8:40 am - Comox, Canada
You're only a few days out. I can tell you that most of us had those moments after thinking the same thing. It will get better every day. Try to move around, I know it is sore but it will help you. Don't lift anything over 10 pounds either, don't want to risk your stitches inside! In a week, you'll be feeling a 1000 times better!

Congratulations on your sleeve!

Follow my Entire Journey at www.myaceinhand.blogspot.com

VSG April 25,2011   SW 223/ GW 135/ CW 135

WLS goal reached Feb 2012... now on to my body reconstruction Early 2014!!  

Adrianna O.
on 5/9/11 12:34 am - Canada
It does get better...the best thing to do is walk as much as you can. I didn't walk around a lot..only 2-3 times a day but that helped me.

Every day it seemed to get easier and easier.

bonnietuck
on 5/9/11 10:00 am - Canada
thanks friends, will be a week out tomorrow, lost 0.5 of a pound, very disheartening but, with how much i eat it can only go down, really hope it starts soon. yes i get lots of moving in. went for a 1 km walk this morning, studing lots for school in sept. feeling  much better. still hungry but the pain is getting better. yes maybe it is okay if there is a tomorrow and no big mac! LOL yup feeling better..much...Thanks
Dreena G.
on 5/10/11 1:09 am - Canada
I was in the hospital for three days I think ( I was so sick and dehydrated) but surgery went wonderfully.  Lot's of soreness and pain for the first week and a half.  I couldn't get 2mls of codeine in without discomfort because the restriction was so tight.......but the light at the end of the tunnel is by 2 weeks out I was eating cottage cheese or an egg and feeling like a new woman! 

Seriously, night and day...give yourself another week and you'll feel better.  In two weeks, you'll barely even remember the first week :)

Hugs, and congratulations on your new tummy!

Most Active