Another Question

Keelan
on 6/19/11 12:27 pm
Ok for those of you who had sleeve surgery and are a little further out like me (9 Months) How much are you eating per sitting and how often are you eating.

I'm a little scared cause I've only been able to eat 1/2 cup of any type of food or maybe 2-3 oz of dense protein up until a couple of weeks ago. I would have breakfast, lunch, small snack and supper. But now all of a sudden I can eat more like 1 cup of food but still only 2-3 oz of dense protein. I'm finding that I'm able to graze more through the day and I'm struggling to lose weight. I'm terrified that my body is finished loosing and it's trying to tell me so. I so want to loose at least another 15-20 pounds. Maybe I'm just overacting but I'd like to have some input from others.

I've also noticed that my tummy is once again making all these weird noises and a lot of foods that I could eat now give me pains in my tummy. Sometimes I get a pressure feeling across my rib cage under my boobs after eating, almost like a pinched off feeling. I don't go back to the clini****il the end of August so I'm keeping track of how often it happens and what I eat to make it happen.
Thanks everyone and I hope you all are well.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Dreena G.
on 6/20/11 6:15 am - Canada
Hey Kee,

I think because you had a rough go of the first half of your recovery (food poisoning and other incidents) and flying home and stress etc...that your tummy was super tight.  Now it's healing and moving closer to what a normal sleeve behaviour is.

I can eat anywhere from 1/2 cup (dense food) or even 3/4 - 1 cup (meal time) of food.
I'm assured this is completely normal and what they expect.

I can now eat a little more frequently as well and include a small snack...where before I could NOT have a snack jammed in.

My tummy is noisier now as well, I expect thats just the gut working and digesting and doing its work. 

Pain isn't normal, i'm glad you're tracking it.  Maybe gallbladder?  I hear that can be a risk post surgery.  OR if you're able to eat faster than before it could be a little bit of gas OR gas producing foods if you're eating new things. 

Take care and I hope it all works out well.  You've lost so much weight and you're an inspiration!  Keep up the good work :)

I'm a slow loser, so I know what it's like to feel scared that your body is done.  Don't let it stress you out, just keep doing the good work and what is supposed to happen will happen!  It's about healthy!!~ xo

D.

Silk911
on 6/21/11 2:23 am
Good Morning Keelan,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble. I can't answer to the size of your meals because I had RNY not Sleeve, but I think I can help with the pain and such...

Ever since surgery, in August 2010, I've been battling large amounts of gas build up. Certain foods will set it off even though I take medication daily for it. Such like Deep Fried Foods... only a small taste will set off the 'Gas producers'. I had my gall bladder removed about 10 years ago, so that was never a contributing factor.

The week after surgery, I started taking Zantac once a day. It worked wonderfully for the gas, but when you get that 'bloated' feeling, try taking a gasX strip and see how you do.

For actual pain in the tummy, is it worse when your tummy is empty or full?

If it's worse when the tummy is empty (or with just liquids) have your doctor check for ulcers. Surgeons found a very small ulcer when I had strictures that needed to be taken care of. It caused a bunch of pain that radiated on the bottom of my ribcage. It felt like someone was squeezing my stomach. If it hurts after eating, it may be something in what you ate. Like me, I still have a problem with Beef that isn't ground up... I can eat it now, but it can cause some pain in my stomach if I don't chew it to baby food consistency. I think the stomach has to work extra hard on some meats and it causes me pain to the point that I have to lie down.

Believe me, after having strictures, where NOTHING was going down, I can't wait to feel and hear my tummy working after a meal... I get REALLY worried when I feel and hear nothing after a meal. I've had food and meds get stuck in the pouch and that's just damn UGLY... so I rejoice when I hear and feel the Gurgles.... I actually get a kick out of them...

Tracking when you get those hurtful feelings is a really good idea, because all doctors will ask you what you had just eaten.

Good Luck with everything. I hope it just happens to be a food restriction that's causing your pain... it's easy to avoid eating things that hurt you.....

Melody

Keelan
on 6/21/11 1:40 pm
Thanks guys for your replys. It's probably just me being paranoid. I know my nut and nurse said I should maintain as of my last appointment but I'm just not ready to stop yet. I think I just have to be patient with myself and realize how far I've come. In the end it is only a number on the scale, but sometimes I obsess over it..lol..I've lost 102 pounds and gained ocd...lol..At least I can still laugh.

Kee.

HW:274  SW:238  CW: 150.0  1St goal: 199.8  2nd goal:174 (100 pound lost)
My Persoanl Goal: (HIgh)150 (Low)140

1st goal acheived December 27th/2010. 1 week after my 3rd month surgery anniversary.
2nd goal acheived June 4th/2011. 2 weeks after my 8th Month Surgiversary

Gall Bladder surgery April 12,2012

You can either believe it will happen.....or believe it won't.  Both are self fulfilled prophesies. For Me it has happened.  My Surgery was September 21/2010

Most Active