VSG Surgeons in Alberta??

tuckergirl
on 8/20/12 9:39 pm - Canada
Hi!

I am looking for information on surgeons in Alberta who accept out of province patients for the VSG surgery?  I'm in Saskatchewan and really want to be in contact with surgeons from other provinces in hopes of getting on the surgery list (not for myself but for a family member).

ANY information you could provide would be amazing!!

THANK YOU!!! :)

Ticker id: tnRU

Speedtrap
on 8/21/12 7:33 am - Canada
VSG on 11/09/12
It is possible to get it done in Alberta, but the person would have to go through the weight wise program in Edmonton.
You can download the forms from the website and have the local doctor fill them out and send in the refferal.

There is no way as far as I know to call the surgions and get on a list, I am pretty sure in other areas of alberta (Medicine Hat, Calgary) you have to be reffered as well and you will still need to do the classes and some training with them.

I know of several people from MB who have gone through the Weight Wise Program in Edmonton so that would probably be your best bet.
Mamatb
on 8/30/12 4:56 pm - Canada
You dont have to go through the WW Clinic I didn't and I had my surgery in Edmonton with Dr. Doug Davey... I'm from Bonnyville and because he comes out here once a month was able to see him here.  I had to keep a food diary and see a nutritionous but thats all.... had surgery done on June 18th and no problems at all, no throwing up, no pre op diet, no mushee stage.  I think he started the WW clinic but Im not sure he's still part of it.  Hes from the Royal Alex hospital.  45lbs, so glad the sleeve came available and i didnt do the bypass or lap band, best decision ever.
Most Active